SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:46:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo V90 Pepsi (3d sign) or Cavalier CSS64G  (Read 3920 times)
Broncman
« on: May 04, 2012, 03:48:04 pm »

I just recently purchased my first coke machine 3 weeks ago it was a Cavalier USS-8-64. It was a very complete unit with the only thing missing being one of the shelf adjusters and 2 clips that hold shelfs down. I had to replace both the marque bulb/starter and bottle door bulb/starter and clean everything down now it is cooling some coke and set up to vend for a quarter.

I have the bug now and have found 2 very good canadates for my next project.

1) Vendo V90 Pepsi bottle machine with 3d marquee. Kicker with this one is Unknown condition. There is no cord and no key so no way to check condition of anything. Although could get it for $50-75. Would of course look throught bottle door/rack for condition of the interior/and from back in the condensor area before offering anything. I am thinking of taking the chance on this one cause it is a mystery but know it could be a nightmare too.

2) Cavalier CSS64G. Fairly good looking machine, few parts missing by photo's and doesn't work. Owner stated that he bought from a swap meet 2 years ago and when he got it home it didn't work(worked when he bought it). He changed the starter and nothing so it has been sitting in hes garage ever since and just wants the room back. I believe I could get this for $150 or so.

3) Cavalier CSS-8-64. Not bad condition externaly missing lock and unsure of interior or anything else haven't been contacted back about machine yet. They want $150.

So out of these three machines (I know two are basicaly same machine) what is the best or in your opinion think you would get.

Thanks
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:12:11 pm »

I have a shelf adjuster and the clips if you are interested.

I have/had a Vendo 90, a few USS-64's and a few CSS-64's.  I'm partial to the Vendo 90 but only because it was my first machine, a lot of parts are interchangeable, but it can also be tough to find some of them.  The USS is a great machine for everyday use since you can vend anything, I'd buy them all day long.  The CSS machines look pretty classic, and again, parts are pretty easy to find.

Usually my deciding factor on buying a machine is the compressor working...I can do electrical and body work all day long, but I can't justify the cost of replacing a cooling system. 

Broncman
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 10:54:57 am »

I got the shelve adjuster and the clips from Soda Jerk Works and the machine is vending drinks now.

I know that the parts for the Cavalier machines seem more common or available than the Vendo machines and that is something to consider.
I don't know why I am leaning to the Vendo 90 other than it has been locked and in a warehouse for who knows how long (could be a real gem or real can of worms). Is there anything other than the hard to find parts that should make me shy away from the Vendo?

Broncman
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »

So is there anything on the Vendo I should make sure is there or look for (with an inspection from the outside?) I have access to a Dewalt snake camera that I could use to check out the bottle area and maybe look into the compressor area if there is a hole large enough. Like I stated what should I look for and what should make me pass on it? I am going to look at this machine tomorrow.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: