SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 05:46:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll Call for Chicago Show  (Read 53474 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 09:59:20 pm »

My wife and I will be there for dinner Thursday night and I'll be out early Friday morning... Quikolds are
what I'll be looking for then off to some antique places to look for WWII items for my sons for Christmas.
Looking forward to seeing the gang... Always fun to sit around face to face and talk about the summer finds...  Cannot wait!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 10:11:02 pm »

What is the price range for the area hotels? Anyone have a suggestion for the cheaper places? I am on an unemployed budget Smiley
Pat Pixley
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »

Josh I 'm staying at the  
Days Inn St. Charles  St. Charles, IL 60174 That is where John (Signguy) told me was a good place to stay.
I'm really looking forward to this . smile what time do things start Friday morning is it 4AM  ??  

Josh I'm paying $120.00 For two nights.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:18:50 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 10:23:50 pm »

Josh.. Super8 - $51.99 a night plus continental breakfast...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 06:20:12 am »

Myself, my wife and my daughter will be rolling into St. Charles on Wednesday night. I'll hit the Kane County Fairgrounds on Thursday morning and then more than likely off to the city in the afternoon. Dinner at Portillos that night and up bright and early on Friday morning for a little parking lot sniping.

We're staying at the Pheasant Run Resort. The wife lined up a good rate so how could I say "no"?  biggrin

Brian
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 07:29:25 am »

One of these times I'll get there.  Maybe I can knock off a machine or two over winter to sell

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 09:16:16 am »

I'll be there again for sure.. it's always good to see everyone, including Larry who has to drive 30 minutes to see his old buddies... C'mon man.. I'm driving 6 hours just to see YOU!!! biggrin
I think the reason we like portillos is the style of restaurant,it's a counter service place, so there is not trying to do a sit down place where everyone has to split up the bill, tip, etc... I think that is why it works so nice.. just too many people the other way?  and as long as someone gets there early enough again, we commandere a bunch of tables it works..
I'll have an outside booth this year, so if you feel like wheeling your machine to my booth josh, go for it.. but keep in mind it's a long journey as they won't let you anywhere near the selling lot to unload your stuff.. bring a good two wheeler and plan on a hike depending on where you park.
Items I'll be bringing:
Vendo 81's (about 5 of them I think), VMC Barqs 81
3 SLiders, Pepsi, Generic and GLasco 50, 1 Stoner Jr., Some signs, quikold 7up ice chest, and more.. whatever I can get in the trailer...
Look forward to seeing everyone this year..

should we shoot for 6:30 again at portillos.. or if anyone has other suggestions for a place that be condusive to a group of our size, let us know

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 09:53:00 am »

John,

It's a long drive.  I'll try to make it.  Especially since your traveling all that way just to hook up with me. tounge

We could all meet at my house for some steaks.  biggrin

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 10:03:33 am »

John,

We could all meet at my house for some steaks.  biggrin
NOW where talking.. Last time we had about 20 guys? got a big enough grill?  biggrin

Actually another thought was if somebody staying at the HIlton Gardens or Pheasant run would want to cordinate, maybe we could get a small party room, enought to accomodate all of us? (20-30 people) we could then just bring in Pizzas, pop and beer and have more of an intimate more condusive to conversation setting?  I don't think my little 58.00 a night hotel has such a room, otherwise I would organize?
as those who have been there in the past, Portillos is nice and food is good, but when we get put at one of those long tables,, you can only talk with the people around you and it's hard to get a chance to talk with others or even to hear at times?  Just a thought?? anyone want to head this up? happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 01:14:17 pm »

Good idea John. It is really hard to talk at those long tables. Maybe we can start something new and call it our annual SodaMachine convention. I am staying at the Hilton. I use to stay at Pheasant Run, but I get so pissed off staying there. They charge you a resort fee, and then if you leave in the evening to go and get something to eat and come back you can not find a parking spot because of the theater they have there. I'm sure the Hilton has a room we could use, but I'm sure they would charge a little something for it.  I could check into it if everone wants to do something like this.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: