SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 09:25:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know ebay name Restorick???  (Read 42042 times)
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2010, 05:54:43 pm »

That's VERY good news, Josh.  I am glad it worked out for you.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2010, 08:29:18 pm »

I know I made some people mad and bored some others with this post. I apologize to those that I upset. I also thank everyone for the help and moral support with this. I didn't know what to do eith the check  and now I feel a lot better taking the cashiers check and letting him pick the machine up.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:45 pm »

This was my qoute, which was posted after the other two,
i agree with mcarter, lets move on already  JC
and to be honest with you a give a rats ass if you were one of the founding members  of SMC or not,as you stated in your PM. this is an open forum and as such we all have the right to voice our opinions wether you agree with it or not. do not send me one of your little whiney  pm"s again. I said once I will say it again m\man up
Pat Pixley
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2010, 11:37:49 pm »

Josh, I really hope you did not do that to cokemachineandmore using a founding member crap that is just as bad as
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM crap   if you did shame on you  ,you are no better that Rick then.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:51:15 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2010, 12:07:14 am »

I did not say I am a founding member. All I said was in the 7 years that I have been a member no one has said an insulting word to anyone. This is a friendly site and there is no need to be rude. If you don't like a post simply don't read it.

If you would like to please post my entire message to you. if not I will be happy to post it myself. The only reason I contacted you personally was to apologize if I offended you and to please ask that you not criticize anyone in their posts (not only me). This is an open forum and in the time that I have been a member I have been amazed at how friendly everyone is (especially to new members with newbe questions). I was never rude to you and I never flaunted that I was an original member.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2010, 12:12:39 am »

Actually here is my message to you in full. Lets let everyone here see what I said to you. I never say anything about being a founding member in any way whatsoever. I only tried to explain what the topic was about and offer an apology. Below is my private message sent to you....

"What you say is true and I do not disagree with you however I was only having a conversation with my friends about the topic. I had terms written in plain words in the auction and he violated them. Ebay also has a policy that you are to contact the seller within 5 days and he waited more than 10 days before he even said anything to me about winning the auction and I had sent him several emails and called twice. That was my problem more than anything and not so much about the check. Either way none of this matters. My problem now is that I was talking amongst my friends and you interrupted and said to move on and I should "Man up"

I just don't understand what make you say that. I started the thread and I was talking to my friends about something and you said we should stop talking about it and told me to "Man up". I have the right to start a thread under General Chit Chat and talk about what I want. There was also enough interest in the topic that there were enough replies to make it to 10 pages and the only negative post was yours.

This is a friendly board and we try to be different than other boards by being nice to everyone and letting everyone ask what they want without making fun of anyone no matter what their question is. I sincerely apologize if anything I said has offended you.

I have little to no recent experience with money orders and checks. I have been watching over the past few years while I was in Singapore and heard so many stories about people being taken on check and money order fraud. All I did was ask for my friends opinion on what they would do in my situation and I got the answers I needed. Now what I want to know is why I need to "man Up" about that???"
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2010, 01:38:09 am »

Jesus christ, yeah that was your second pm not the first.  you stated your one of the youngest members on the site. just out of total curiosity exactly how old are you?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2010, 01:56:26 am »

Whoa!

I have to agree with Josh that this has always been a forum with decorum.

You know - we are all very different people. We have businessmen, policemen, armed forces personnel, insurance salesmen, hobbyists, etc. from America and around the world – all members here at SMC. If we were to meet in daily life, I doubt we would be become friends if it were not for one common bond – soda machines! And sometimes that is all it takes to make a friend, but my grandmother used to say that she would not become friends with someone before she was sure she wanted to be friends with them. I still remember these words from her lips “It is easy to make friendships and hard to break them!” Our love for soda machines is one piece of the puzzle! We all love old coin-op items, but do we all hold the same values, beliefs, convictions, religious and political views?

I hope we are not your only friends Josh! Friends know you inside and out – know what makes you tick and tock! I consider us all acquaintances for now.

The topic of “Restorick” should have expired pages ago before it escalated to this. It was (and is) old and dragged out!
I’m going to bed – it is late here! (stepping down)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:58:21 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2010, 07:12:38 am »

Well stated Tom!

Every once in a while we experience personality conflicts, disagreements, and/or business disputes at SMC. Most issues seem to work themselves out in the end; I, as well as the other moderators, have never had to intervene not do I intend to here; however, I would like to ensure everyone be civil while interacting in the Discussion Areas.
As previously stated, this thread has morphed into "off topic" discussion and become extremely long-winded!

On topic note:
    I recommend exercising your greebay rights especially if you state your intentions within the item description. You then have recourse for ANY buyer's actions should it be no payment, no contact or whatever ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Pat Pixley
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2010, 10:30:17 am »

Would like to put out a motion to have this topic ended or deleted.
 to many bad feeling are coming out of this now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:34:20 am by Pat Pixley » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: