SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 01:48:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse WD-10  (Read 18678 times)
Jake777

« on: June 03, 2016, 07:09:08 pm »

I'm looking for some shelves for my cooler. Not sure exactly what to call them but they go at the bottom of the liner and the bottles sit on top its just a little shelf that elevates the bottles an inch or so off the liner and has some slots for air flow. These are the only pieces I'm missing. If anyone knows where to find some I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:02:29 am »

Welcome to the Site .  The trays you are looking for are NOT reproduced.  I would measure both sides and divide it in half and go to a local metal shop like a HVAC shop snd see if they can make you some!  You wil need 4 trays total .

I restored one of these several years ago!  I caution you this is NOT s very collectible machine .  I would clean it up and use it as found.

Jared
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:16:30 am by Slapshot42 » Logged
Jake777

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 10:35:12 am »

Yeah that's what I figured I'd end up having to do just wanted some originals. Thanks for the advice! I'm not planning on dumping a whole lot of money into it just clean up the inside and refrigeration and leave the patina. Yours looks awesome!
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 11:09:13 am »

Yeah that's what I figured I'd end up having to do just wanted some originals. Thanks for the advice! I'm not planning on dumping a whole lot of money into it just clean up the inside and refrigeration and leave the patina. Yours looks awesome!

The best advice I could offer.  What nice about the WD-10 it's a dry box .  You can put a variety of products in there to keep cool, for entertaining, etc.  I had trouble during the restoration process finding several parts that were needed.  The trays should be easy make. 

Good Luck,

Jared
Jake777

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:27:44 am »

Hey slapshot I was wondering if you could help me out with the shelves. I'm trying to figure out how they sit it looks like there's two bends at the bottom of the shelf maybe both about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long and it makes a little C out of 90 degree angles. Or is there just one bend and it sits on the edge of the sheet metal? Also is there a specific color to use for the inside? I was just going to get it powder coated...gloss silver? Regular silver?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:32:50 am by Jake777 » Logged
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:42:35 am »

Hey slapshot I was wondering if you could help me out with the shelves. I'm trying to figure out how they sit it looks like there's two bends at the bottom of the shelf maybe both about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long and it makes a little C out of 90 degree angles. Or is there just one bend and it sits on the edge of the sheet metal? Also is there a specific color to use for the inside? I was just going to get it powder coated...gloss silver? Regular silver?

There is just one bend and it sits on the edge of the sheet metal? I used a powder coat called super chrome .  The bend is about a 1/2 inch or so just enough to circulate the air through the the shelves.  The doghouse in the center covers the evaporator.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:45:36 am by Slapshot42 » Logged
Jake777

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:20:44 am »

Ok thank you! I thought there might be another bend because of the weight.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 12:51:14 pm »

You could do one more bend if you want .  I restored that machine 5 years ago so I can't remember...
Jake777

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »

So as I was tearing it down my thermostat that mounts onto the compressor pretty much crumbled apart. I don't see replacements for these anywhere and I have no idea how this thing works except that it burns up somehow if it gets too hot. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to replace it, or would it be ok to reinstall with no thermostat?

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 06:47:49 pm »

It will be very hard to find the older type thermostats.  You can replace it with a more modern type non contact thermostat .  Many people that have restored these chest coolers mount the new non contact thermostat on the top near the doghouse cover for the evaporator.  

You will need to splice the wiring up with probably a 16 gauge wire and a few crimp type spade terminals.  I would remove the back narrow evaporator line cover and use that has a neat runway for your wiring and mount it in the center of the box.  

Below the doghouse cover is the evaporator which which have a fan mounted to it which circulate the cold air into the cabinet.  I ended up moving up higher so the doghouse didn't cover it making it easier for and adjustment ...

Others with more experience may chime in hope this helps!!

http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/index.php?crn=338&rn=609&action=show_detai

Jared
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:55:25 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: