SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 07:09:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81D pickup today.  (Read 7430 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 05:37:58 am »

I thought I could find a very incomplete v-80 for a donor shell pretty cheap if I was willing to wait it out, or could break even in parts, so I talked her down to $900 for it. She had turned down offers in the past from the same guy several years in a row going up to $700, but she said she just got fired and was now needing $900 for property taxes. It had been in that basement spot for 30 years since her husband took it out of commission.  Before that for about 15 years they had it out front of their house for the neighbor "kids" to buy mixers for their drinks without driving drunk... Man, the 60's and 70's were just so different!!

And could someone explain something to me.. she had a letter from Coke that was old. She sent a picture to them and they identified the machine and gave a sight unseen value of $1350?!?!  darn It makes it kind of difficult to get someone off that price when they are willing to go on that limb!!! They even told her if she restored it, the value would increase to $3500.

Ok, $900, but I did find over $37 in change in it. So hit me, did I do that bad? Funny part was before I bought it I was telling my dad, who rode with me, that if it was an 81a or even an 81b I would have considered walking away for $900 with the damage. I don't know if I was just talking myself into it or not!

There was someone recently that was asking about the same thing, so I knew I wasn't the only one, so it helps to read the info here and learn all you can. If he hadn't asked about the V80 and V39 shell, I would have a lot less prepared!!

Tim
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 06:32:17 am »

I think we all have seen much worse, here, I agree sandblast the rust areas, and get an idea what you have, 900 I think you did ok. If it is not salvageable, you will get your money back in parts. 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 07:37:07 am »

Like others have said.... it depends how you look at it..... 900 is good if the shell is still good, as well, 900 is ok if just to get your $$ back in parts.  Like the lottery, if you don't play, you can't win!!!
You played, and just waiting to see.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »

I don't think you did to bad. I saw the crank handle so I assume the coin mechanism is there?  If the coin mechanism is there along with all the shelves, compressor, bezel there is your 900.00.  It my area you can't get a 81 like that for less than $1,500.

I would of bought it for 900 and explained in to the wife later!   tounge

MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 03:36:51 pm »

I don't think you did to bad. I saw the crank handle so I assume the coin mechanism is there?  If the coin mechanism is there along with all the shelves, compressor, bezel there is your 900.00.  It my area you can't get a 81 like that for less than $1,500.

I would of bought it for 900 and explained in to the wife later!   tounge

the mechanism is there minus the slug rejector. I just figured that out this morning when I was playing with it. I saw it in there, but never caught that it was missing. That should be cheaper then the whole thing... assuming that I can find one. hopefull But I will do free vend most likely so time frame should not be an issue with locating one.

Tim
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 03:38:47 pm »

I will buy them all day long in that shape for $900.00

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 06:22:19 pm »

I hope some here stole it out of my back yard here in Lawrence but a nice complete Vendo 81 sold for 900.00 I was out of town and missed this one  darn

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: