SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 11:05:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mars TRC 6800H won't accept quarters.  (Read 14563 times)
SilverDuck

« on: July 09, 2009, 03:59:00 pm »

I just received a Mars TRC 6800H changer that was sold as "working".  I install it, plug everything in, and it accepts dollars, gives correct change, and vends soda.  It will not accept quarters.  It spits them right back out into the refund tray.  It vends on dollars, but won't accept quarters.

I have it set to VEND-on, CIG-off, DIPS set to .50, and the other bank of dips are all OFF.

It vends on dollars, dimes, and nickels, but quarters go directly into the refund hopper.

Why will it not accept quarters?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:18:59 pm by SilverDuck » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:29:01 pm »

Soda-Machines.com is a group of people who specialize in primarily antique
soda machines. Questions about modern equipment such as yours is beyond us
old guys  biggrin

Glen
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:43:48 pm »

you can download a manual for it from MEI's website (MEI=MARS corporate name) & it will show you how to program the 'mech to accept coins, but if the detection coil in the electronic coin-receiver is defective, then the only fix is to replace the coin-receiver & retune/reprogram it for new coins. this is all covered in the manual.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SilverDuck

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 06:22:28 pm »

Soda-Machines.com is a group of people who specialize in primarily antique
soda machines. Questions about modern equipment such as yours is beyond us
old guys  biggrin

Ok, I understand.  Ken Layton over at KLOV sent me here.  I'll let him know this site is just for the older machines.

Thanks anyway.
SilverDuck

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 06:25:00 pm »

you can download a manual for it from MEI's website (MEI=MARS corporate name) & it will show you how to program the 'mech to accept coins, but if the detection coil in the electronic coin-receiver is defective, then the only fix is to replace the coin-receiver & retune/reprogram it for new coins. this is all covered in the manual.

I have the manual open in front of me.  All of the DIP switches are set properly.   It is accepting dimes and nickels correctly, and even dollars.  It just spits quarters back out.
SilverDuck

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 09:34:48 pm »

Do any of you know of a forum for current and modern day vending machines?
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 07:27:10 am »

Your problem is common on electronic coin mechs. First you can try to clean the coin path with a mild cleaner. Spray the cleaner onto a rag and then wipe the coin path, do not spray directly onto the coin mech. If that doesn't work you will need to tune the coin mech. You can visit MEI's website to get tuning instructions. Or type your coin mechs model and word tuning into a google search and you should be able to find the instructions. I found them online somewhere I just don't remember where.
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 11:15:14 am »

Having spent 23 years working/filling vendors, is to do is turn off the vendor and back on to see if it works again. Many times that is all it takes.

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: