SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 11:49:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechs going....going....gone!  (Read 19156 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 01:21:22 pm »

I have two Stoner Jrs.  One has the 5 c and 10 c mech., which is complete, and the other has a 5 c mech that had a dime rejector in it instead of the nickel rejector.

Yes, I did buy the nickel rejector from you.  It was the one that deposited the coin from the left instead of the right.  I haven't tried that rejector in the mech yet.  All my machines, shelves, and games are in a big pile down in my basement.  I am remodling my backporch, kitchen, and basement at the same time.  So things are piled up everywhere.

I was going to get the 5c mech because it would be complete and therefore it should work.  I figured if you sold the whole mech and if my nickel rejector fixed my machine, I would let my friend get the whole mech because his machine is missing the whole mech.  I am assuming that it is a nickel machine because it is the shorter Stoner body from the early forties.

My short body is a nickel while my tall body, with  the "Fresh Candy" embosement, is a 5/10 machine.

I don't remember getting a mech from you a few years ago, but I do have a spare mech. that I bought from Ebay that didn't work.  I seriously doubt that it came from you.  Your stuff works.

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 02:22:19 pm »

Maybe I'm wrong
I don't remember getting a mech from you a few years ago, but I do have a spare mech. that I bought from Ebay that didn't work.  I seriously doubt that it came from you.  Your stuff works.

Maybe I'm wrong - we exchanged quite a few emails back then and I was at home for a total of about 2 weeks in a six week period with my mother's failing condition and funeral.

Here are a couple of pics of my nickel Stoner if this helps:
http://members.cox.net/honest1/Stoner3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/honest1/Stoner4.jpg

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 02:26:37 pm »

I went downstairs and made a path to the Stoners.  I tried your 5c rejector and it worked fine.  So I wont need the Stoner mech. blush

I went to look at the one mech that I bought, that doesn't work, and remembered why it does not work.  A few years ago I was taking apart the rejector and a looped piece of #12 copper wire fell out.   darn After that, I couldn't get it to work.  I don't know where the wire goes.  I am assuming that someone placed it in the rejector to give the coins a path.  I haven't got a clue.

While I was downstairs, I noticed that my older Stoner and my newer Stoner had two different styles of coin mechs.  The 5 c one has a metal piece on the side that is attached to spring steel.  If the assembly is out, the machine is set to free vend.  When the mech is put back in the side of the machine depresses the steel engaging the coin mech.

The 5/10c machine has a piece of spring steel in front.  If it is pulled out the machine vends for free, but once the door is closed, the coin mech is engauged.  These must have been used to test the machines in the field.

How many styles did Stoner make??

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 02:31:35 pm »

How many styles did Stoner make??
I'll defer to Curtis on that!
Not sure when they started/stopped producing candy machines, but I know of about 5-6 different kinds in the 40's-50's

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 02:33:15 pm »

I just checked my bad mech and the rejector didn't have any numbers on it like yours did.  It must have been from someone else.  The key would be if you put a copper wire in the mech.  That's what mine has.  It worked until the wire fell out. laugh

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 02:54:28 pm »

I just checked my bad mech and the rejector didn't have any numbers on it like yours did.  It must have been from someone else.  The key would be if you put a copper wire in the mech.  That's what mine has.  It worked until the wire fell out.

Can you post a pic or email it to me - I'll try to help you fix it!
The only modification I have ever seen using a piece of wire was to pinch it in the nickel or dime path therefore preventing the rejector from accepting that denomination coin - easily reversed too.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 04:18:07 pm »

I may have a spare mech. as well for the stoner.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 04:25:36 pm »

OK Eric and Leonard!
It looks like I solved Larry's mech issue, sooo...it's between you two!
Call me superstitious, but with "SMC" in the serial number, I'll offer it to you two SMC members first at what I think would be a reasonable BIN price - flat $75 (S&H included).
Early bird gets the worm here! First one to respond with a yes - gets it!
Otherwise, it will start on eBay tomorrow evening with no BIN and a $9.99 opening NR bid and you can take your chances there with Larry and his friend, etc.
Keep in mind that this Stoner nickel/dime mech is untested - I don't know much about them - don't have a Stoner manual or mech schematic and never broke one down to see what makes them tick.

It looks like Terry posted that he has one also while I was typing, so one can get mine if you want and the other get with Terry!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 05:48:42 pm »

Tom,

I'll take it!  Just kidding. 

I check the computer in between my drywall sanding breaks.

I appreciate the offer with the rejector.  I will send some pictures when I get a chance.  I will send them to your regular email through SMC.

Thanks again,

Larry

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 06:19:47 pm »

Hello, Tom   Thanks

Well I just had to finely buy a new computer .So I can respond faster then useing My Buddy's Or Works . Anyway I have a couple Questions  smile

1.Since my machine did not have a Mech How do I know which One I need /

2. On the Frunt below the coin slot theres a tag that says USE 2 Nickles or a Dime for 10cent Purchase   Or 3 Nickles or 1 nickle 1 dime for 15 cent Purchase 

I quess that means a 15 cent Mech correct >
                                                                    Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up