SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:16:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco no longer vending  (Read 4854 times)
brayski98
« on: January 20, 2008, 04:40:27 pm »

I repaired an evaporative motor on my coke machine (westinghouse) and when I put it all back together, no sodas are dispensed. Power is going to the coin mechanism, it makes change, dispenses money, but will not vend. I can start the vend motor and it will complete the cycle, but not with the coin mechanism.
Is there a way to make sure it is the coin mechanism and not another switch or motor.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:52:45 pm »

The best way to test it would be to make a "free vend" switch.  If it vends with the switch then it is your changer.  There is a sticky at the top of the coin mechanism area that will show you how to build one.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
brayski98
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:18:29 pm »

Unfortunately, the only way this will vend is the coin itself. There is no button to push or bottle to pull. you dial in what you want and then put your money in.
It will make change and it knows it is setup for a nickel. I can also hold up the button and have it pump out nickels from the tubes. I wasn't sure what pins were for what on the connector.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 10:18:34 pm »

It will work on a Select-O-Matic.  You make the free-vend switch and when you press the button it will (should) vend what ever the dial is on.  Here is the info on it.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
brayski98
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 10:44:54 pm »

Thanks, I wasn't following the free switch at first. Then I looked at the sticky note with a picture. I'll have to rig something up.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 11:07:37 pm »

Ok, good , you've checked the vending motor & it's cycle switch ( which parks the motor/rack assy at it's "home" postion , also check the empty switch & the empty lever/bar that triggers it, on the Westinghouse Wc 60/78/102 -MD series (Select-a-matics) it is the only thing between the coinmech & the vending relay tha can prevend a vend cycle, check your empty switch carefully, if it's not correctly set on the "empty" bar (triggered by the empty paddles in each column) it will also prevent a vend. sometimes the switches trigger-lever will get bent the wrong way & the machine will think it's on an empty column, ( is the "make another selection" light on?/ or does it trigger ( the empty light) when the knob is rotatated form one selection to another) ...just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 11:09:20 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
brayski98
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 11:32:48 pm »

I don't have any lights. Also since I put cans in the machine, I disabled the empty selection switch so it will try to vend regardless. I initiated the vend by hand from the parked position and once it got past the switch, it cycled back around until the switch was reset again. I am fairly confident that it is in the coin operation, but I want to just make sure before I try to buy another one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: