SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 08:59:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Coin Changer  (Read 17874 times)
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:17 pm »

Okay so now the coin mech is working 100% now I got a new problem. On the left side the moving piece in the picture wants to move down on the left side (red arrow) and barely any on the right (blue arrow) which is causing the arm (green arrow) not to go up to reset what I think is something to slow down the coin. There is also a small spring like wire there that I have no idea the perpose of. I know on the window model there would be an extra arm on the left side but mine is an early model with no window. I cant find anything that would appear missing. I just cant figure it out.

Ideal 55 Slider (Embossed Double Dot Pepsi) Restored
Ideal 35 (Generic White) Needs to be restored
Ideal 35 (Dr.Pepper) Needs to be restored
56 Square Top (Coca Cola)
Heinz Pepsi Gull Wing - Needs to be restored
Westinghouse 42T - For Sale
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 02:59:13 pm »

That is the 'out of nickels' circuit.  When there aren't enough nickels in the hopper/chute (minimum of 5) that bar pushes down into the chute and moves the lever at your green arrow up to reject all coins that are inserted.  To reset, fill the hopper with coins and move the main lever several times to allow nickels to fill the chute, which will also reset that lever.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 03:09:28 pm »

It looks correct to me. And to reiterate what Tkaz said....
The wire form linkage resets the coin deflector (green arrow). The plunger (red arrow) goes down when no nickels are present to give change making the deflector linkage inactive. When nickels are present, the linkage is forced to reset the deflector.

The three prongs of the deflector redirects coins to the right so that they are returned to the customer, the single tab of the defector is hit by an accepted coin forcing the three prong side in. When the handle is cranked down, the linkage resets the defector (or not) depending on whether coins are nickels in the track.

In a hurry, so I hope that makes sense....

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 07:46:17 pm »

Yep I'm late on this one. I work 3rd shift and haven't had much time or energy to put thought into it. I was just laying in bed trying to get an extra hour of sleep when it hit me that I had the nickel bucket empty. I put some nickels in and boom hitting right every time. I can smack myself. It never crossed my mind that it would still function the same even without a window. Now if I can just fix all the sticking issues it will be 100%. If I pull the handle to slow the handle will go back up but the block that holds the coin for vending will stay stuck out. Like the cam is slipping or something.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 09:55:14 pm »

Mine was sticking as well when I got it, I pulled that part out (mine is a phenolic material) and gave that area a good scuff with some scotch brite.  There are two nuts on the outside that hold it in, just make sure you pay attention to the washers and how they are set in there.

CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 06:54:51 am »

That would probably work good for me unfortunately it isn't the only place its sticking. It's also the nickle shoot that I have no way of getting to. I might try some type of cleaner and see if that works.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 08:57:58 am »

That would probably work good for me unfortunately it isn't the only place its sticking. It's also the nickel shoot that I have no way of getting to. I might try some type of cleaner and see if that works.
Try rubbing alcohol (or other cleanser) and a stiff pipe cleaner along with compressed air. There are oiling points on the VCC mechanism, but the slug rejector and nickel track  should remain free of any oil.
Maybe this scan will be visible enough....

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: