SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 05:04:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Coin Changer  (Read 17871 times)
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« on: December 14, 2013, 02:11:28 pm »

Okay so I got the thing open and it takes my quarter and gives me the 5 nickles but the dime falls straight through to the change hole. I feel sure I can get it working if it's all complete but what I want to know is if it could be because it's missing something like a spring before I go through the trouble of taking the mech off. If needed I can make a video of its function or lack of one anyway.

Ideal 55 Slider (Embossed Double Dot Pepsi) Restored
Ideal 35 (Generic White) Needs to be restored
Ideal 35 (Dr.Pepper) Needs to be restored
56 Square Top (Coca Cola)
Heinz Pepsi Gull Wing - Needs to be restored
Westinghouse 42T - For Sale
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »

Can you post a photo of the slug rejector?  I'll try to dig up some of mine to compare.  Update, photo attached, it's not mine but one I pulled from the web to compare.

If I remember correctly, mine had problems with dimes at first as well.  I pulled off the dime magnet (upper grey rectangle, next to the spring) and had to give it a light scuffing with sand paper to clear up the jams.  

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:01:37 pm by tkaz » Logged

CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 07:59:59 am »

I cant seem to get the picture to size to where I can post it and still be visible. I noticed today that a screw was missing at the bottom right that holds the arms in place and the the small arm keeps getting stuck behind the larger arm. Although I know it has nothing to do with the dime falling through. Looking back again at the mech and your photo I am missing the what looks like a bubble level at the top right. I guess I'm just going to have to take the mech off. I really don't like the idea of taking the screws out of that plastic piece.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:58:49 am »

I guess I'm just going to have to take the mech off. I really don't like the idea of taking the screws out of that plastic piece.

Do not remove any screws from that slug rejector.  It should come out easy for cleaning which will solve the dime problem.

The upper magnet in the pic is riveted in and will not come off, but the lower one will and is the one that scans dimes.

On all rejectors, remove and hold level above the table. Drop in the coin and follow it. If it sticks or gets diverted.....figure out why!

Glen
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 11:06:04 am »

I cant seem to get the picture to size to where I can post it and still be visible. I noticed today that a screw was missing at the bottom right that holds the arms in place and the the small arm keeps getting stuck behind the larger arm. Although I know it has nothing to do with the dime falling through. Looking back again at the mech and your photo I am missing the what looks like a bubble level at the top right. I guess I'm just going to have to take the mech off. I really don't like the idea of taking the screws out of that plastic piece.

Sounds like you do not have the correct rejector. On an original VCC mechanism, there are no plastic pieces!
Four screws (two on each side) hold the rejector in place. Easy to remove.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 06:07:53 pm »

I got the mech off before I got to your post. I knew about the screws the problem was one was behind the movement at the bottom. I figured out I could just pull the knob down a little to unscrew it. Anyway I cleaned it up and it still rejects the dime. The problem is right at the top, its not even making it to the magnet. There is one small brass piece at the top that is bent out (to the right of the spring at the top) I need to figure out how to get it bent back in. At this point its the only thing I know that could be the problem. Also is there a spring that suppose to be on the moving piece on the back area to the left of the bubble level? Thank you all for your continued help with this. It's really frustrating to pay for something that suppose to be working but doesn't. Oh and the plastic piece I was referring to is the block looking piece that moves with the arms at the bottom it has nothing to do with the coin acceptance. Whats an easy way to re-size these pictures to post them? It would be so much easier to explain things.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:16:00 pm by CoinOpCrazy » Logged

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »

Check your PM's, I can resize for you to make it easier

zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:29:53 pm »

I bought an ap for my phone that resizes my photos and I can post them pretty easy .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »

It's called image size . Works great

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 05:49:36 am »

I think I got it to re-size thank you though tkaz. Lets see if it will be big enough.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: