SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 05:48:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCo Mechanism -- Where Do I Start?  (Read 16056 times)
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:51 pm »

I have a V-63 with a CoinCo mech that doesn't seem to be functioning.  The model number on the slug rejector says it is a 903030, but does that mean the whole coin mechanism is a 903030?  Or, does the electric component below it have a separate model number?  I am attaching four pictures that I hope will help in your giving me some guidance.

I have already cleaned the slug rejector in hot soapy water, but have not done anything else except adjust the slides that determine the vend price.  As I currently (not as shown in the pictures) have the slides adjusted the two black slides are in the up ("on") position and the two white slides are in the down ("off") position which should mean, I believe, the vend is set at 25 cents.  I can jump the 1 - 3 pins of the Jones plug to kick the solenoid, so I believe my problem resides with the coin mechanism.

When I put coins into the machine, they seem to go to the correct locations (not as consistently as I would like, but most of the time).  Quarters and dimes go to the coin box and the nickels go into the change tubes.  When I plug the coin mechanism in, it seems to energize (the little fork-like assemblies behind the slug rejector move).  I can also push the switch at the bottom of the coin mechanism that causes the change (nickels) to be placed into the coin return and have the nickels actually get moved to the return.

Unfortunately, when I run the money through the mechanism it does not energize the solenoid.  Nothing really happens at all.  I can gently push the little wire down to simulate a nickel moving past it and I have gotten the sense that it seemed to be "counting".  On one attempt it actually seemed to make the solenoid in the machine do "something", but it didn't cause the bottle gates to release.

By the way, the message by the coin acceptor bezel always says "Correct Change Only" even when there are a few nickels in the change tube.  Under what conditions will this message go away?  Does the machine have to be stocked with bottles in order for the coin mechanism to function?  Does the machine give a warning when there are no drinks to be vended?

I have read a large number of posts concerning coin mechanisms, but am not sure what to do next based on my reading of those posts.  So, could someone point me in the right direction?  I  would love to be able to troubleshoot this thing and have it magically work.  If that does not happen, would it be worthwhile to send the mechanism out to be fixed?  If so, is JohnnieG still the CoinCo go to guy?

I have some pictures I can post... if I can get them to file sizes small enough.

All help is greatly appreciated!

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:28:06 pm »

Sometimes a machine has to have some bottles in it to vend. I know with my machine it will not vend if I have nothing in it. Also the nickel tubes usually have to be filled up at least half way I think to make the correct change light shut off. I'm thinking this might be your coin mech maybe? http://www.coinco.com/coin/faq/servicematerials/909826_1.pdf
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »

Here are the pics... one at a time, I guess.

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:51 pm »

Pic 2...

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:44:20 pm »

Pic 3...

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »

... and the last one.

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 10:47:43 pm »

Sometimes a machine has to have some bottles in it to vend. I know with my machine it will not vend if I have nothing in it. Also the nickel tubes usually have to be filled up at least half way I think to make the correct change light shut off. I'm thinking this might be your coin mech maybe? http://www.coinco.com/coin/faq/servicematerials/909826_1.pdf

It sure looks like that one, doesn't it?

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 10:57:23 pm »

Yep thats a coinco s75-9800A. You can tell the difference between the A and the B from the cover over the coin chute (A has the metal one and the B has plastic) and from the price switches. Both are great mechs. Also JohnnieG is the guy to go to for these mechs.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:00:23 pm by scalebowler » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:42:37 am »

Actually it looks like your coinmech shown has a Coinco 9300 series inventory switch-plate (minus the dime switch), (the Coinco 9300 series is functionally identical to the 9800/A model, the price could be set from 5 to 75-cents but it could give change in both dimes + nickels.) But your circuit (logic) board seems to be from a 9800/A series as does the double-nickel change tubes..let me know if you'd like me to have a look at it...JohnieG

Could you post a picture of the bottom edge of your slug-rejector...I want to see if it's the correct one for this 'mech.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:51:10 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 11:02:02 am »

Thanks for the reply!  I'll take a picture of the slug rejector tonight and post the pic.

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: