SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 12:40:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnie - CREM question  (Read 5368 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: August 22, 2013, 10:03:20 pm »

Hello. Very new to the forum and must say,,much info here to absorb to say the least.lol
I'v e done a search on a question I have for a Coinco in a V-63 and it concerns the solenoids. As I mentioned, I'm new,,well new and on my second machine,,first was a Vendo 23 I did a few years back. My question has to do with the solenoids.
1. When I plug coin mech in.,I hear both solenoids click and after checking,,both shafts are pulled in and stay in,,,is this correct ?
2. I read one of your posts that these could be disconnected,,which wires would I cut and would I disconnect both solenoids ?
3. On another post,,,,you mentioned a 12volt source,,where is this and can it be used to power one 10" neon tube ?

Really appreciate your time and look forward to learning more as we go down the road.
My background is in custom metal work and building streetrods so I'm in a new field as a hobby now and really enjoying these old machines.
Thanks again,

Larry
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:21:23 am »

Hello & welcome to the site, in answer to your questions...

1. Yes, they are operating normally

2. you'd cut the two wires feeding each coil and insulate the cut ends, & remove the coils from the mech' via two screws (each) on the back of the mech'.  But, if they are working as described above, there'd be no reason to remove them.

3. NO... The 12 volt supply mentioned in whichever post your referring to is internal to the coinmechs logic board,    so you can't use it to power anything else. Instead I'd splice into the lightup signs 120v supply & use that to power a 12V DC power supply to drive your neon, (or mini cooper, or whatever... tounge)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:32:30 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:55:43 am »

Mini-Cooper.LOL
Thanks for the quick reply,,really appreciate that.
As I mentioned earlier I think,,my only experience with solenoids is in a shaved door handle streetrod which activates by remote and when activated pulls the pin in to open door latch and when I saw the machine's activate and pull in and stay, I thought there was a short. Thanks again and we'll leave them in machine since all okay and no problem.
Understand about the 12v source and will install convertor.
I'm not sure how or what activates these to do there job but will leave that for another time. LOL Leave well enough alone I say.
Have a great weekend and thanks again.

Larry
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:57:30 am by Rebel » Logged
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:52:09 am »

As you said, I took the armetures off off of my CREM's and they overheated - burnt.  Now - what will happen next - is it a problem to leave it as such.  Should I replace the armetures ?  I know that I should put on a 75 9800 but I do not have one and hate to spend another $75 plus on a Vendo 90 that I already have $350 into. Nice enough machine, but not a round top.  thanks   

Bob
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »

Too late for that. unplug the coinmech, snip off the wires from the CREMS where they're attach to the coils, & wire nut them off (SEPARATELY NOT together) secure them out of the way behind the slug rejector & get on with having more fun.

11 is louder than 10...
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 12:35:33 pm »

what would we do without ya JohnieG ?? help
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 01:41:10 pm »

if you want, you could remove the burnt out coil from the coinmech once you have the wires sorted out, they are held in place by some recessed screws that are on the backside of the 'mech ( just make sure your unscrew the correct ones!)

11 is louder than 10...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: