SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 11:15:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charging valves  (Read 4199 times)
Pixel
« on: November 19, 2005, 06:37:11 pm »

Hello.

I need to know if my Choice Vend (CVC-224) machine has freon charging valves, and where they are located.

Thanks.
cvb141
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 10:05:32 am »

There shouldn't be any unless someone has been into the refrigeration system before, and added them to it. The factory leaves a short process tube coming out the side of the compressor for the low-side and one at the drier for the high-side that is pinched off and soldered shut. You can add line piercing valves there but is best not to leave them on there because they can leak later. It is best to solder schrader valves in place once any gas is removed. Then again only put gauges on it as a last resort and are sure there is a problem with the refrigeration part of the system. What is it doing or not doing?
Jerry
Pixel
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 08:45:12 pm »

The machine is not getting cold. When I plug it in, it sounds like the compressor kicks on and runs, but the machine cools the air very little, if any. I left it on about 30 minutes, I think. The thermostat is set on 7.
cvb141
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 09:32:08 pm »

Depending on the temp when you started, it probably won't do a whole lot in 30 min. Try running it without any product for a few hours to give it plenty of time. Make sure all fan motors inside and underneath are running and that nothing is restricting their air flow. Put a thermometer inside to keep track of the temp. If it was any other machine than a Choice Vend, where you could get to the evaporator easily, you could disconnect the fan motors and let it run 15min or so. Then if it frosted up the entire evaporator coil you would probably be fine. If not, then you or someone would have to get into the refrigeration and find out what was going on.
Pixel
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 05:19:23 pm »

When I first tried it, it was during the summer when it was still hot outside. The machine sits outside.

I let it run today for 3 1/2 hours, checking it two or three times. After about 45 minutes or so, the compressor sounded different. The machine never cooled though. I could hear the fans running, though I can't really check them as thoroughly as I'd like. Both the evaporator and condenser fans were moving air.

The compressor felt warm to the touch near the end of the run. Didn't really check it before that.

The evaporator (not sure my terms are correct, the coil behind the vend base) never cooled down, and the condenser (the coil in the bottom below the vend base) might have warmed up just a little, but not much.

One of the lines right behind the thermostat got cold though. I'm not really sure how long I had the door open before I checked it.
cvb141
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 09:20:05 pm »

Don't know how much you want to spend on it or your location, but it sounds like you need someone like Eric out in Texas or someone local to you, to check it out. It could be anything from bad valves in the compressor to a refrigerant leak. I understand Eric with globalcompresors is really good. Hope you get it going.
Jerry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: