SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:57:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice vend cvb-181  (Read 3703 times)
« on: May 09, 2005, 08:56:56 pm »

Hey everyone got some cooling problems.  Here is my story. I bought a choice vend coke machine off ebay about 6 months ago. The guy told me the fan burned out so he gave me a replacement fan he got from a guy.  I replaced the fan it ran well for a day. Everything cooled. Came back the next day nothing happening. I unplugged it and left it.  This week I went back and plugged it in and checked things out.  Compressor came on fan came on but noticed the fan was blowing out the back running counter cw. I did some rewiring and know it blows cw.  I let it run for a couple of hours.  The area right about the compressor fan and coils cool but it does not cool above that point.  Does anybody know what to do to fix the problem. Is there another fan I don't know about or what? Any feed back or ideas would be great.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:05:52 pm »

I was just looking around the site and am wondering if anyone could tell me where the evaporator motor is on the choice vend machine. Could this be my problems???
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 12:49:01 am »

Hello Bigern710,

Welcome to the board!! Sorry I can't help but someone will. Stay tuned.
Creighton
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 04:06:51 pm »

Update:  found a leak today in a kinck in the line.  Also have another question.   So I do not know who long the leak has been going.  what is the cost of getting it fixed and would this fix my cooling problem? Also when I plug in the machine I hear a high pitched squeal from the back of the machine.  Sometimes it gets softer but at some times it gets very loud. So is it worth fixing? Please help me if you can.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 07:01:12 pm »

Most if not all of the freon has leaked out. Not a good idea to run the machine until this is corrected. I see in another post today that it was $300 and change to get things up and running but each case is different. Do a search back through the posts and call the refridge repair stores to see if you can get someone to take a look. Eric at Global Compressors will fix you up in great shape as well.
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: