SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 12:33:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Differences in cooling units.  (Read 2872 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: June 18, 2004, 08:25:34 am »

I was just wandering if there is any differences in cooling units from any machine from the 60's and 70's. They all look the same to me. I am wandering because I have passed up many machines due to bad compressors but I have found a junk machine that cools good that I can have if I want it. It is a late 70's Pepsi machine. I don't know the make or model but it is really big, tall, and ugly. Also when you take out a compressor do you have to re charge the coolant? I'm sure that you all can tell that I am a novice now. I guess what I am asking is should I bother the hassle of getting this machine to gut the compressor out of it? Thanks for your help. Josh
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 09:34:54 pm »

There are so many makes and models of soda machines, and their cooling units, from the 20's through today, that I have problems keeping them straight, I've done nothing but refrigeration, exclusively, since 89'. Best to start with a like brand, Vendo, Cavalier, Westinghouse, etc. Now remember this doesn't mean that the refrigeration system will swap out, but the compressor itself may. At this point, it may be best to have someone in the business do the work for you, if you're not experienced in refrigeration. When looking for a unit, the most important thing is the hp rating, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, etc.
If they match, there shouldn't be a problem.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: