SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 02:13:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring the componets to the compressor  (Read 4306 times)
« on: May 29, 2004, 09:29:22 am »

Just wondering if anyone knows where the condensor and evaporator fans wire into the compressor on a westinghouse WH-12.
The compressor is shaped like half of a dumbbell, it has three threaded post attached to the compressor. Then to the left of the three post is a round disc(about the size of a quarter) with a terminal and screw. Next to this disc, are two threaded posts set in plastic. At the top of the compressor is what I figure is a capacitor with two wire leads coming out of it.

Is there is a manual with this Info?? Or if someone has a drawing my Fax# is 574-867-4960. Thanks, Scott
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 11:25:20 pm »

Scott,

Does your refrigeration unit have a model number on the tag that's still readable...?  If so, what is the model number of the refrigeration unit?

I'll check on Monday... But typically, the style you described are wired fairly easily...  Do you have any of the original wiring harness or are you just replacing what's currently there...?

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 07:45:23 am »

Jim, The compressor's tag reads Part# Y-7256, Model # U-12, Serial # 15619231. My basic concern was the upper fan unit had been replaced at one time- Kind of a hack job.  The old fan was wired in with a three lead wire- with all three ends connected to the compressor. I ordered new fan motors from Global and I know the fan should have just a two wire connection. I'm trying to advoid plugging it in and burning up a new fan motor. Everything else looks so good and clean I don't really want to replace the whole refrigeration system. Thanks for helping- Scott
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 08:50:40 am »

I should be wired the same as my WD12 chest cooler.
here you go...

JohnieG

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 01:21:53 pm »

BEAUTIFUL - thanks johnieG for the picture
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: