SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 04:00:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 63 compressor relay  (Read 13086 times)
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 12:22:43 am »

HEy Sorry for thread Hijacking But a question for Eric, are there Honestly any drop in replacements for R12? I read online and they all say conflicting Info I have a v-39 Cosmedically the compressor looks A+ but the lines were broken so It have to decide try and fix and then refill with R12 or something that will work or just get a new compressor and keep the old evap( its in good shape too) question besing is how can I even tell if the comp is gonna be worth saving? thanks
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 09:49:11 pm »

No Pete,

R134a is the better replacement if you are changing the compressor.  134a is available, it's cheap, and it's the industry standard.

Adam,

There is no true "drop in" replacement for R12. Freeze 12, Hot Shot, R414, etc are a good replacement for an orginal compressor. There are charts for charging and in some cases, you have to under charge by as much as 20% depending on which replacement you use. Jonnie G has some info and experience on R414. Perhaps he could shed a little light. We do not use any of these replacements. All the units we rebuild, we bring up to industry code and standard using R134a.

DO NOT USE R134a in a R12 compressor. There are some issues with the oil type and even more important, it will run higher pressure causing higher amp draw and ultimate compressor failure.  

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: