SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 01:04:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refrigation woes...  (Read 3450 times)
half-wit
« on: May 02, 2004, 03:27:30 pm »

I had a buddy replace the lower fan and when I turned on the unit it was cooling to 32 degrees.  Seemed perfect.  However, I let it run overnight and later the next day it didn't seem as cool and there was a lot of frost on the unit.  Any ideas?  This is a Vendo 90.  I did turn it off and let it sit for a couple hours and turned it back on and it pushes out cold air again.  What would be causing this to stop over time.  Thanks.
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 06:32:59 pm »

Three things will cause a unit to frost  up, bad thermostat,  bad door gasket, or low charge. If the door gasket is isn't making a good seal, the outside, moist air, will infiltrate the box causing a frost build up across the coil. Another thing is the thermostat. If the thermostat is not allowing the compressor to shut off after reaching temperature, then frost and ice will build up as well. My guess would be the thermostat. A third thing to look for, if the unit is only frosting up part way, would be a low charge. Let us know.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
half-wit
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 06:21:46 pm »

Hey Eric, you were an excellant help.  I adjusted the thermostat and it's working great.  Once again thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: