SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 11:32:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to pay?  (Read 7734 times)
Curless Auto Repair
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:00:01 am »

I am pretty sure its a VMC VF-154F, it looks like it anyways. It is an RC Cola, he says it works and everything is there except the door lock. The machine will need a paint and decal job, the advertising glass has the blue and RC on it but the white background is disappearing. It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the 154F is bigger than the one I am looking at. The one I am looking at is almost the same size as my V-63, it is a 10 cent machine. Are there any other models that this could be? I have not looked at it closely during the day so I don't know if there is a tag or not. It's only 18 degrees outside here today so standing there digging thru the snow is not my idea of fun! Please let me know what you think.
Curless Auto Repair
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:05:59 am »

How about a VMC-56? I just found an image of one on another site and it looks much closer. What are these worth?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:20:10 am »

The 56 and 63 are roughly the same size.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Curless Auto Repair
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:52:46 am »

Thats good to know, any idea of a value? I read on alot of the forums of people getting these style of machines for free or little to nothing...I'd love to know where and how. At least around here if it says "Coke" on it everyone thinks it gold!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 11:49:15 am »

Your right... Coke logo = Big bucks to most people... they don't even consider condition..
too bad.

anyway... 56 or 63 should bring between 50- 300 depending on condition, completelness, working, etc.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Curless Auto Repair
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:10:19 am »

It is a VMC56, looks like it is all there. I have not heard it run yet or seen it vend. The thing that worries me is the fact that it needs to be painted. The instructions by the coin slot and the lettering by the change and bottle opener are all painted. The paint on the glass of the advertisement is almost gone also. Can this be redone for a reasonable price or will it surpass the cost of the machine?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:52:31 am »

Oh what a wise question you asked!  Yes paint and reconditioning will
surpass it's market value. But you would be safe to pay up to $100 for it,
you will need it for parts when a cosmeticly nicer machine comes your way....
which will be in the next few weeks, then a third one in a few months and so on!

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 03:18:28 pm »

Oh what a wise question you asked!  Yes paint and reconditioning will
surpass it's market value. But you would be safe to pay up to $100 for it,
you will need it for parts when a cosmeticly nicer machine comes your way....
which will be in the next few weeks, then a third one in a few months and so on!
BUT... if it's your first machine, you could look at economical ways of restoring it.. there have been a few members here that produced some pretty nice paint jobs with spray paint, depending on if you know what your doing and take your time... THis just could be a quick fix to get it in the shape for you to display it in the garage or game room, until a nicer one comes along... and believe me... another will come along and you'll feel this URGE to buy it... happened to ALL of us!
Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Curless Auto Repair
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 05:58:42 pm »

Oh I already have several! I have a sweet V-63 all original, some very minor scratches, cools awesome. I found it at an auction close by. I have had a Cavalier 64 for quite some time but never did anything with it until the V-63 turned out so well and easy. The 64 has had a harder life, but it will be a nice piece to put in my auto shop as soon as I get her back together. I went on a little tour this past weekend and found about 10 more within an hours drive of my house. I am starting to become quite interrested in restoring and selling these machines. Not so much to make money but I enjoy the search!

I am not a painter though, I was a painter for a couple of years in a factory but that was just automobile grills. I have no expirience with signs, lettering or large surfaces. The thought of painting scares me!The VMC can be mine for the "asking" price of $125...I have thought about the parts and I know its worth that in parts, just have to make up my mind!

I found an absolutely perfect, no rust, no corrosion, no scratches, perfect lighting V96-5 this weekend. Just not sure if I want one this new or not. I am quite partial to flat tops. I know that the round tops are more valuable but I don't see a single one that I like without it having a glass door. I like the visible product.

I am on my way to look at another flat top as I go home, not sure what it is but I'll know in a few minutes! The more I look the more I find!

Are there repo signs out there for these machines?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 08:57:36 pm »

Not so much to make money but I enjoy the search!
Diggin' this stuff up and bringin' it home is what it's all about ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: