SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:09:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette popcorn machine  (Read 4164 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: May 14, 2008, 02:31:24 pm »

Gee, last time I listed one of these, I was scorned by someone who didn't like what I said. veryangry

Oh well, here we go again.

This showed up at the last Chicagoland show.  The person wanted $2,500.00.  I saw it and it is missing the original globe, coin mech, and he claims that it is an original stand, but I never saw one like this before.  Overall, not a bad machine.  The stand looks good and functions well, but I like the original stand better.

Happy bidding, and don't shoot the messenger.

A lot of stuff.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 07:59:57 pm »

Do you have a link?

I found this one, but I don't think this is the same listing, or is it?  This one says it is all original.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Poppertte-Popcorn-Machine-Original-Watch-it-Pop_W0QQitemZ220234603877QQihZ012QQcategoryZ20270QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:01:34 pm by halehouse » Logged

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:11:55 pm »

What is the Seattle one worth? I got the "that's cool" from SWMBO :-)
Thanks!!
Creighton
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:00:46 pm »

Whoops!  Forgot to ad the link, (I was leaving work then.  I just now finished working in my basement) but since you already did, I don't have to.  I forgot to mention that the plastic piece that swoops back and forth to dispense the popcorn was not original either.  Basically, you can use a piece of cardboard.  It all depends on if you want it to be original.  It still would be a nice piece, but not for $2,500.00.

A lot of stuff.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:32 am »

I would have to agree. The stand looks to be an aftermarket reproduction. Decent looking but doesn't look original. Curious to see what this goes for.

I ran into a fella at the Chicago Show last Nov. who claimed to have reproduced the stand multiple times. Before I got a chance to ask him if he would be interested in building another he commented "Yep, I've built a bunch of those, never gonna build another!" It was just the way he said it, very as-a-matter-of-factly. I bet the look on my face was priceless! It's a project that I'll work on when I get a chance to.

Right now I'm working on Minit-Pop / U-Pop-It restoration and that will consume quite a bit of time that could be going towards my standless Popperette.

Brian
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 03:43:29 pm »

That Popperette is the same as the one that was at the Spring Show in Chicago. The guy who had it is named Chuck Wolf, his phone is 425-806-0364. I had offered him 2k for it at the show and he was firm at $2500, I didn't think it was worth that.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: