SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 02:58:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: La crosse 7up machine  (Read 5023 times)
rangerdale
« on: March 25, 2003, 10:34:26 pm »

hello everyone, just purchased this La Crosse 7up machine, it looks great, exterior cleaned up very well, lights up and 7up panel looks excellent. have the keys.  anyhow would like any info anyone has to offer regarding this machine, (year, parts availabilty, manuals, etc) I dont know about the internal mechanisms, had to transport on its back, and was told to leave it sit for about a week for the oil to settle so the temp control is currently set to off.  The mars coin mech. rejects the coins into the coin return slot, this is a replaced item, because on the back it says serviced 8-29-89 "PEPSI LAX" how do you set the price on these? has two slots with switches, one says options, other says price, don't know what the options area means.  This is my first machine, I hope it's not going to be a horrible experience.  All help is greatly appreciated  Thank You
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 07:45:55 am »

Nice machine, even has the old steel can opener! what model is it? looks like a Choice-Vend or possibly a Selectivend? inquiring minds want to know! if this unit has a sold out switch  & is empty (or it's stuck)  the coin mech will return all coins. whats the model of the mech?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
rangerdale
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 11:35:15 am »

Thanks for your reply johnieG,
I don't know if its a choicevend-or-selectvend, how can I find this out?  It has four selection choices, and you display a bottle cap in a tiny round window of the brand your vending.  the machine has all tags in place though, the model # is ACV(1LL)2124, I'm not sure if the 1 in front of the LL is actually a "1" or an "I" but that's all I have to go by, and the "La Crosse" emblem down low on the aluminum panel.  Also the can pucher is there, but the punch points are gone, where can I find these?  The coin mechanism model # is TRC 6800H by mars
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 10:40:14 pm »

well Duh on me!  ':O'  if it say Lacrosse I guess I believe you, the only way to get a pair of "points" for the opener is to find a doner machine, nobody will have them in repro, it's just
not that popular of a model (and Lacross parts are difficult but not impossible to find) place a parts wanted add here and see if any body can help with those, but it's not critical to the
machine because nobody makes steel topped cans anymore anyhow, just "pop" tops! "Pepsi LAX" to me means a Pepsi vendor in L.A. California near LAX airport (thats my guess) maybe they're still around??? hey if there's a phone no. try calling it with the modern area code, you never know! (I found a Faygo VF56 F with a Faygo  phone No. in it I called and it still was their service No.! they ran the serial no. & confirmed that they sold the machine I bought to a local customer when it came off lease back in 70's! Neat history, they even found some spare parts they gave me AND sold me two parts machines cheap! also post a question over at colamachines.com about the manual, he's got lot's of strange ones! hope it helps...JohnieG

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 08:13:58 am »

I have a very similar machine, except I only have one can chute. Mine does not have the can opener, but I have a selectivend that does. I could send you a sketch of the blade and you could have someone make it for you. Is the opener heated? I have not had any success finding parts for the La Crosse machine, so if you find a source, please let me know. If I can be of help, just let me know.
Jerry
rangerdale
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 02:33:03 pm »

Hello JWV
I have not yet located any parts for my machine, would someday like to have it 100% everything else is there and fully functional, not that I NEED the can opener, it would just be nice to have. The wiring and plug end are there for it, I don't know what the wiring was for, maybe it was heated, because I thought the opener itsef was operated manually.
Just aquired a Choice-Vend Pepsi from around '73 it is the 6 flavor Prime Line model, and best of all it was free!!  A friend of a friends wife wanted it gone so my friend told me about it and said if I wanted it to come and get it. Cools down quickly, little banged up on the sides but no big deal, very heavy machine would like to see some of you machines JWV, send some pics!! keep in touch!!
rangerdale
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 02:34:14 pm »

updated 7up photo!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: