SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 10:59:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hang onto your boots!!  (Read 13097 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »

>>they wanted me to restore machines for Rick's show

That is funny. Did you get a reason why they weren't using Rick by any chance?
Seeing's how its his show and all :-)
Creighton

The show producers called and asked if I would be interested in taking on some of the overflow.. as they wanted him to focus on alot of the unusual stuff to make the show more interesting, rather than one soda machine after another.. but their expectations where unrealistic... They still call me occassionally to see if I have anything they might want to buy for a show, or parts on occassion as well.  I've only sold them the Pair of VMC 27's so far that they used on the show a year or so ago..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »

The show producers called and asked if I would be interested in taking on some of the overflow.. as they wanted him to focus on alot of the unusual stuff to make the show more interesting, rather than one soda machine after another.. but their expectations where unrealistic... They still call me occassionally to see if I have anything they might want to buy for a show, or parts on occassion as well.  I've only sold them the Pair of VMC 27's so far that they used on the show a year or so ago..

So, was that you at the flea market when they happen to find the rare parts!!!  tounge

Tim
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 05:07:37 pm »

So, was that you at the flea market when they happen to find the rare parts!!!  tounge
Ha, no.. they bought two machines from me .. I was selling them on my website as a pair with enough parts from both to make one complete one.. the one they used on the show I believe was missing one door and the bottle drum, which the other machine had... and they then made up back story and created "REALITY TV".. makes sense right..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »

Reality is just a perception... just ask a democrat for their opinion and you will see!! tounge

Tim
ss540
10 Cent Member

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 08:49:35 am »

"Reality is just a perception... just ask a democrat for their opinion and you will see!!"

AMEN to that!  They elected Santa Claus.

Down in Texas
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: