SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 06:59:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Identifying Machine  (Read 5645 times)
iamkarlp

« on: June 18, 2015, 11:42:17 am »

Hello All!

New Here, so take it easy on me (:

A few weeks back I was at auction buying a table saw and found an older Pepsi machine laying in the back. Shot a picture to my wife who loved it as an art piece.

So I bought it with no real plans about what to do with it.

It's a bit beat up, but we like it that way. Gives the cabinet character. The only thing that does bother us a little is the acrylic PEPSI panel which has a broken corner.

While we could live it, but I figured I would hunt for a little while to see if I could find one that fit.

And then I ran into problems identifying the machine or even knowing what the part I am looking for is called.

The machine looks like a V56, but that's not it's model number, the model on this machine is a VF81B. Furthermore I can't seem to find a picture of the acrylic that is in this machine.

Nonetheless, I have no key for the unit, and no idea of it's operational status. There is certainly some rust.

Anyone mind helping me figure out what I have, and if the panel is something that I might be able to find another of or if it's a lost piece?

Low quality pictures attached below, high quality pictures at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vo2rguswdidmgg1/AAAUM_v2NsFSWBaYoYO4F-rEa?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Karl P
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:48:38 am »

Here is an earlier thread on that model:

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php?topic=14921.0

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
iamkarlp

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »

Interesting - Even knowing a little more about it I can't find anything else on the internet relating to square top 81's outside of that post. I may not be looking in the right place.

Still, that post may have answered my question about the acrylic - apparently it is rare. I'm going to guess by the fact that my acrylic doesn't match what he called the "standard" yellow acrylic that it is even more uncommon. I suppose that answers that?

Should I try and open the machine? Do I need to drill out the lock or is there a standard key for this type of machine?

Thanks!

Karl P
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:24:47 pm »

The 'PEPSI' sign is fastened to a blank plexiglass sheet.
        You could try and match that material, or use the framework to make a totally new light-up sign.

Drill the lock and enjoy........... drinking

Glen
iamkarlp

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 10:45:51 pm »

Unfortunately the Pepsi sign is actually not fastened to a blank panel. It is indeed one molded piece.

Has anyone seen one of these acrylic pieces before like this?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 12:18:20 am »

Welcome to the board. I have not seen another sign like that one. Search the posts here to get an understanding on how to get the machine vending again. Per the sign easy to get whatever you would like made and just replace it. Broken as it is holds no real value. Good luck and any questions just ask.
Creighton

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 05:57:32 am »

I have one that will fit .

Jared
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:21:00 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 11:27:55 pm »

That Pepsi sign was the one that was put on by Pepsi bottler when they painted my 39 . As you can see I got all the blue off along with the piece of metal they riveted over the embossed Coca Cola.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:29:53 pm by cohammer » Logged

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 11:34:50 pm »

Great save!!
Hard work to get all of the paint off without harming the original.
Creighton

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: