SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 05:22:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with a Rock-ola ccc5 machine  (Read 7482 times)
tc197

« on: May 19, 2015, 09:29:19 pm »

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to the vending machine world. I just picked up a Rock-ola pepsi machine this past week and was hoping to get a little guidance as I figure it out. When I got the machine the power cord had been crushed and had cuts up and down it so I replaced it completely. Not only did it have exposed wire but inside the 3 individual wires were all dry rotted and falling apart like dust. Upon plugging it in everything instantly came to life and it all looks great. The light works, the fridge is ice cold, theres no leaks, and it accepts coins and gives correct change.

It is a 5 button machine with windows to view the can of soda for each selection. It appears to operate at 50 cents.

The issue:

The machine won't vend when 50 cents is put in a button is selected. If more than 50 cents is put in the correct change is returned with still no vending success.

I found the information about free-play as well as the diagrams showing how to jumper the 1-3 and 1-7 pins and decided to give that a try. Upon jumping the pins I get a loud buzzing noise from underneath the machine. If I jump the pins and release it, then make a selection, nothing happens. However if I leave the pins jumped, while making a selection, it vends successfully but the buzzing noise remains the entire time (much too loud to ignore).

I've been trying to do some reading on the CREM's but have had zero luck finding any sort of manual or wiring diagram for my machine. I see the CREM right above the coin mech and it is hooked up to the "use exact change" vs "insert quarters, dimes, nickels" display and so I unplugged that one.

I'm hesitant as to what I can take apart from underneath the machine as I understand theres 120V running all over the place and its also a pain to get to anything. Is there another CREM I can unplug to eliminate the buzzing noise?

Would I be ok leaving the pins hardwired since the connection needs to be maintained the entire time you are making your selection?

I read something about a timing delay - could this be impacting something for me?

I would appreciate any help, suggestions, articles, or information and look forward to learning about these machines and hearing from people. Thanks!
tc197

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:37:51 pm »

Any thoughts?
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:16:58 pm »

Hello. TC197

Welcome to the board !!

The big issue is most of us are not familiar with the electrics of you machine as it's newer and the old ones are mechanical
On a lot of the new style machine they are required to have a minimum of cans in the stack .there could be a switch in each stack that needs to be closed in order for it to vend .

Hang in there !!!!! Someone will be able to help

Leonard    
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:24:58 am by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 09:45:26 pm »

Each vending column should have a mechanical motor.  On each column there should be a micro switch in which (2) wires connect to.  If you toggle the micro switch manually you will see the vend motor wheel drop into a little cam or when it between the cam the motor should turn one vend cycle.  

If you drop all the columns into vend at the same time it should start vending from the furthest motor down line as the power is jumpered from motor to motor if it stop somewhere in between than one of the motors could be stuck in the cam sometimes also creating a free vend situation.

If you can't get the machine to vend make sure all the motors are not stuck in the vend cycle if one is that could be a the problem. Also those machines have a vend relay but if you are bypassing it my jumpering the wires it should allow power to the push selections

My first machine was a Dixie Narco DCB - 156. I had many problems like your having .  I called Crane Merchandising formerly known as Dixie Narco.  I had a technician of nearly 40 years help troubshoot my way through it..

And yes Leonard is right make sure there is enough product in a column before trying to vend.  There is a paddle inside each column once I enough product reaches the height of the paddle it will depress it down closing the circuit which should allow the sold out light to go out!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:48:35 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:00:11 pm »

See WAY smarter people out there then me  tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
tc197

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 07:18:33 pm »

Thanks for the help guys!

I've been testing with plenty of cans in the machine - atleast 30 cans per column.

Also I can mechanically lift a lever releasing a can from every column which is what I have been doing to get my soda in the mean time.

I can get the machine to free vend when I jump the pins but the whole time there is a loud buzzing noise and I need to have the circuit turned on the entire time. This, to me, means the motors are free because they will work when jumped.

My main issue is getting rid of/finding the source of the buzzing and ideally being able to install a switch so the jumped wires don't need to be live constantly. I'm picturing hitting a push button for a second and the being able to select a soda.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:19:07 pm »

You could try installing a switch some discreetly.  Than the circuit isn't constantly "open"possibly causing the buzzing.  Do you have the vend relay removed from the jones plug?  The switch when toggled could open the circuit, allowing power to the buttons.  Once the product vend sit should close the circuit in which there is no longer power to the push buttons..

One of our long time member JohnnieG hopefully chimes in he's quite knowledgeable with the whole free vending / coin mechanism on the single price machines.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:21:25 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: