SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 10:41:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Model H90E - liner question  (Read 3931 times)
Packman

« on: April 01, 2015, 10:04:33 pm »

I'm in process of restoring my first machine a Vendo H90E, I've received many valuable tips from this site and love all the great advise. My question is in regards to my inside black door liner. At one time it looks like something got hot as there are 2 holes melted through toward bottom of liner. At one time it looks like someone put tape over one hole. Nothing seems to get hot at this time ane compressor seems to blow good cold air. I'm playing on repainting it in Green Bay Packer theme and not doing a original restoration. Should I just replace the door or is there a fix - like duct tape or something that would work to repair. Thanks in advance for any help.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:30:07 pm »

Hey Packman, welcome to the site!  I was in a similar predicament with my V-90 several years ago, the door liner was in bad shape and there aren't repro's that you can buy out there.  I tried a few different methods, but I found that using a fiberglass kit from most auto stores did the trick.  Very simple if you haven't used one before.  I wasn't sure about the satin black Rustoleum paint that I used, but after three years of being in-service cooling beers in my garage and it still looks brand new.

I'd say you should pull that liner off anyways to check the wiring that's in the door for any issues that may have caused the melting and replace the fiberglass that's there.  If there's a hole it probably means it got moisture in there, simple job to replace and it'll give peace of mind.

Here's the thread when I was trying to figure out a fix: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,14355.0.html

Here's the fiberglass kit: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/bondo-fiberglass-resin-repair-kit-1-2-pint-us-can-420/7100973-P?zoneAssigned=1&prefZC=28277
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:32:55 pm by tkaz » Logged

Packman

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:03 am »

Thanks for the great info tkaz! I did pull the liner and all the insulation out. The wiring looks fine and but insulation a little black in couple areas. I plan on replacing insulation when I put back together. I'm thinking of adding Led lighting behind front sign as mine had the plug there to have one but no light. You're liner looks great! I could only hope mine comes out close to that. smile I'm not afraid to try anything once so I think I may give your suggestion a try. Which will probably lead to me having a bigger issue than I started with but I'll try it! biggrin I noticed your compressor looks like it sits in middle or more to the left. Mine sits far right. Did this vary on different models? Thanks again for the Info! I'll try to post a couple pictures of the inside of door when I get home tonight.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 11:29:46 pm »

Mine is a Vendorlator, very similar but some differences, maybe the compressor to the left is one of those.  The fiberglass is pretty easy, I would do it from the back-side and fill the front with a little Bondo to make it level after it dries.  Just make sure you scuff up the plastic pretty good with sandpaper to give the resin something to grab on to. 

And remember, it doesn't have to be perfect, not many people are going to see the inside of the machine, focus your time on the outside, that's the 'show'.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: