SMC Discussion Areas
May 24, 2024, 02:11:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome adhesive trim for Cavalier USS Square Top, Sources ? Trim Size?  (Read 3353 times)
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« on: January 30, 2010, 12:26:05 pm »

Hey All,

Talking with a painter for my USS-8-64  Cavalier.  Maybe painting it soon.

For those of you who have decided to dress up your square tops with adhesive chrome trim, can you show me a photo of yours?

Also, can you tell me where you purchased it and the width used?

Even better if you can tell me a part number or direct me to a link where I can purchase what you've used.

Thanks in advance.  Really do appreciate all the help here on the list.   Making progress!!!   Want it all done by my birthday in May.

Thanks!!

Mark aka USS64K
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:31:56 pm »

Got my answer.   biggrin
houstonhusker

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:08:51 pm »

Curious what the answer was?  I'd be interested also...
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:27:37 pm »

For the USS Cav 8-64,  It appears 5/8" will work best all the way around.  I did find some on various internet sites but were selling in 50 ft rolls.   Heck,  I only need about 17 feet or so.    That being said, I will purchase straight up by the foot from Funtronics.  If I was restoring many machines, then I'd get them from Sportwing.com.  Thinks that's where I saw it.

My painter came to the house today to look at the machine.  Mostly stripped down now.  We are going all out and doing base coat / clear coat.  Man,, I can't wait!!  He'll come by and pick it up and a couple weeks.  Told him I'd like it back by May.  He'll work on it a bit here and there.  He does great work.  I restored a 1967 BMW R69S motorcycle and it has more hits on Youtube than any other BMW R69S in the world.  He painted the bike for me.  He's impressive.       
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:20:33 am »

I have a CS-80c cavilier      and my chrome trim was pretty beat up, i purchased some self adhesive trim at an auto parts store  mine was 3/4 in wide and flat     it took 2 pkgs      i applied it with a hair drier after i cut it   the dryer just activates the adhesive     it looks great now       
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 04:27:23 pm »

Excellent !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: