SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 10:02:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WB-66-MA-10  (Read 15279 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: July 11, 2009, 02:19:29 pm »

Well I finally got a chance to play with the Westinghouse I picked up a few months ago... Machine wasn't cooling, so I started looking around and found a few broken pieces of glass stuck in the condenser fan... Now the machine gets ice cold  biggrin.

I'm having trouble with the vending though... I can't figure out how to release the gate to drop a selection. Coin mech is firing the coil on the left side, a gate moves and triggers a micro switch on the right side.. I put product into the slot, but its not turning.. I'm sure its probably dry and needs to be lubed a bit, but don't understand how it works yet. Anyone have a manual on this thing? I'm going to give it a good cleaning and wax job this afternoon.. Have a party in 2 weeks I'd like to have it ready and working for..

Here is a few pictures...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 02:20:37 pm »

rest of machine..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 07:01:23 pm »

Ken,

I think I have a manual for this model...
I'll take a look and get back to you later...

My six cents,

Jim

oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 08:35:08 pm »

I like that machine. Very unique. Looks to be in very nice shape too.
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:54:03 pm »

Agreed, Ken that is a very neat  looking machine.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 09:36:16 pm »

Hey Ken,

I only have a 14 page parts manual for this model...
If interested, I could scan to PDF on Mon...

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 10:06:30 pm »

Jim... that would be great.. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys.. this is the first machine I brought home that my wife actually said its pretty cool. I spent the afternoon buffing and waxing the machine.. it looks great right now. I need to get the vend working.. Its going to be my summer patio machine.. It may end up indoors since it vends everything. I'd like a light up sign for it. May have to make one.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 10:53:32 pm »

Jim... that would be great.. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys.. this is the first machine I brought home that my wife actually said its pretty cool. I spent the afternoon buffing and waxing the machine.. it looks great right now. I need to get the vend working.. Its going to be my summer patio machine.. It may end up indoors since it vends everything. I'd like a light up sign for it. May have to make one.

Jim - I'd appreciate a copy too. I don't own a 66 yet, but I'd like to one day and it would be nice to easily ID missing parts.

Ken - Great looking machine! I'm thinking that the far right column HAS to have product in it as it is the one with the switch. I'm not at home now, but I seem to recall that my Westy 44 has to have product in one column for the other to vend. Different vintage and different machine, but possibly the same principle.
Hope you can solve the puzzle before the party!

I think Brian (seven181) had a light-up 66 - don't think he still owns it, but maybe he could shed light on the light-up panel assembly.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 12:24:36 am »

Nice machine!  Good luck with getting it running, what a great porch machine!  I found a really clean, nice 7up version of that machine with light up sign for $450 the other day.  I'm guessing that's a bit high, but the machine looks good as new, and how many 7ups are out there!?  I didn't buy it, too many other things I want!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:28:15 am by GreginTex » Logged

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 07:36:57 am »

That 7up is cool looking.. $450 is a bit high in this market, but it is sharp looking. I like this machine because it will vend anything from 6oz - 12oz glass or can. I don't remember exactly, but I think I paid $125 or so for mine.

Tom.. I'll try to put product in the right column. I was playing with the left. The timing has to be set on each column for the different size product. Luckily I still have the loading diagram which mentions how to adjust. I'll give the right column an adjustment and give it another try. The machine was set to run the small bottles. This could explain why there was a few broken bottles jamming the condenser fan.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: