SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 04:08:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: La crosse model 56 pepsi machine  (Read 18150 times)
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 01:40:24 pm »

Would have helped if I added the pictures.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Monkey Boy
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 09:32:02 pm »

Yes that will help a lot thank you. NOW for my next question. The other day it occured to me that my machine may not work. I plug it in and the light in the bottle door would come on. The Compressor fan would blow slightly cooled air. My question after I get it painted, cleaned up, and back together is will it vend. If it won't vend by putting coins in it, and I can't find a new one to fix it... Then what? Can these things be rigged to just light up, cool drinks, and allow you to pull out bottles without money? This thing is going to be out in my garage. Probably full of beer and some pop. I'll keep an accurate count of the beer because I've got a 17 year old boy. That however is what I want it to do just cool my drinks and free vend if coins mechanism is broke.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 09:58:32 pm »

MB,
Entirely possible to do what you want (well can't watch the 17 yr. old)JonnieG has a great post on free vend. A search on free vend should bring it up.
Creighton
Monkey Boy
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 12:26:59 am »

Any recomendations on a good HVLP gun? I'm thinking maybe I do want to do this myself. Might be fun anyway. I'm going to sand it down this weekend if time permits. I'm trying to stay focused on this while the weather has been favorable here in Kansas. NEVER seen anything like it 50 - 70 for about the last 30 days. The other night it snowed a generous amount and was in the 50's that afternoon.

Monkey Boy
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 12:36:00 pm »

Thanks for all of the help guys. I have had a fun time so far taking this thing a part.  I hope you are as helpful when it comes time to put it together. I'll probably remember enough to get it together, but I'm sure I'll end up with some extra parts. Anyway I hope to sand it down this weekend if weather permits. Because I'm going to do it outside for the ventilation. I took the rubber door seals that were stapled on off. I've got one end of the lower seal dipped into an old milk bottle full of Clorox and water. It seems to be working, and I didn't ignore the Simple Green suggestion, I just don't have any.... I'll get some if this doesn't work. I've heard of it but have never noticed it at the store. Can you find it at Wal-Mart?
  I also got the coin return off by drilling a couple access holes in back for screw driver. Not sure how good of idea that was but I'll cover it in aluminum tape.
  MY NEXT QUESTION: I keep taking more and more of this thing a part which is great. Cabinet is completely disassembled, and the door is getting that way. My question is because there is some rust on outside of door next to trim. How do I remove trim?

Monkey Boy
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 02:35:52 pm »

Above two questions plus this... I took a part coin return and found that there were two potential coin returns to choose from. I unscrewed the return and found a cast aluminum one internal to the door which says change. It has kind of a normal script. The chrome one on exterior of door has a 70's look to it. They use the same screw hole patern, and were hooked together.... Thought that was kind of strange. Anyway I wish I had a camera to show you but I don't. So would I be better off just using the aluminum one or having the other rechromed? The reason I ask is because the chrome one has some pitting on it. I haven't ever had anything rechromed so I'm not sure if this is a problem. The word "Change" is kind of tightly cast on chrome one. There is pitting around these letters also. I'm not sure of their capabilities.
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 02:54:29 pm »

Quote (Monkey Boy @ Jan. 13 2006,10:36)
I'll probably remember enough to get it together, but I'm sure I'll end up with some extra parts.
Take lots & lots of pictures... Many pics that you see posted over the boards here are from our our tear-downs.  Also put all the small pieces in labelled baggies.  There was a really good discussion on tips for rookies about a year ago.  Search on rookie or journeyman.

I've got one end of the lower seal dipped into an old milk bottle full of Clorox and water. It seems to be working, and I didn't ignore the Simple Green suggestion, I just don't have any.... I'll get some if this doesn't work. I've heard of it but have never noticed it at the store. Can you find it at Wal-Mart?
I'd be careful of Clorex.  Not sure what it will do to the plastic.  There are different types of Simple Green.  I bought the auto degreaser because it was supposed to be stronger. Found it at the local auto parts store... don't know about Walmart.

My question is because there is some rust on outside of door next to trim. How do I remove trim?
Most often they are clips.  Use a screw driver or paint scraper to get under the edge and gently pry up.  More detail on this can be found be searching the forums on trim... some good pics also if I remember.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Monkey Boy
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 02:01:26 pm »

Well I ask advice and sometimes I just proceed anyway.... That's bit me in the Azz a few times. I didn't have any "Simple Green" so I was soaking in it prior to warning. Anyway I'm not really sure if anything bad came of it, but it didn't turn out as I hoped. The seal was a baby blue color, and the Clorox removed the mildew from that. I think it was more the sun than anything else though. The visible edge is now white with a faint  hint of blue. The mildew had ate itself down into the seal and is still visible in some places. I tried as mentioned an abrasive "Scotch Brite" pad and didn't make a dent in it. I pulled it out of the water and scraped it off with my finger nail after it sit all night. Now as mentioned there is some trace of mildew which seems to be deep into the seal. Seal for the most part looks fine just faded. I scraped off what I could and tossed it back in. What the #### I'm either going to save this one or replace it anyway. The bottom side seal which is only two foot long looks great because it never saw the sun, but was just as mildewed. The Sun ate at it for years, and the mildew went deeper in some areas. If nothing else the seal is good enough to re-use but is faded on the edge that is visible when machine is closed. I may look into having this edge painted... I guess that's possible.  I'm going to go out there today and try to remove the trim. I've got to learn to be patient on these matters though. So that there isn't any problems that can't be fixed.

Monkey Boy
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 07:26:44 pm »

could'nt get edge trim off but did get off the other trim in the middle. I could see notches under the boards from the inside. Thought about taking the boards out to get access but I'm not getting in to it that far.... Ended up drilling through board down to screw. The outer trim has numerous nicks in it but I think I can sand those out. I took a vixon file to the top edge. Trim is made of aluminum and I got that Baby shinning. I've still got a long way to go but It'll all come out. Thinking about buying a polisher from Eastwood and going with a polished look. Weather is supposed to be good Sunday so I hope to sand off paint.....Hope I'm not Iritating anyone with this I'm just working through it, and welcome any and all help. Thanks!
Monkey Boy
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 03:59:32 pm »

Hey does anyone have the Pepsi sticker I'm looking for? It's a 6" by 6"square sticker with a gold band on top and bottom. It has a 3" Pepsi bottle cap centered in the background. It says Pepsi Cola across the length of the sticker with the smaller bottle cap behind it. The bottom gold band says (Say, "Pepsi please") Not sure if top golden band says anything.....It no longer exists. Was told that it could be made by someone if I had a digital picture of one. I guess that's right I don't know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: