SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 04:00:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my first post and many questions  (Read 13783 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 07:27:23 pm »

Came across this manual in a quick search, maybe it can help you out?  

http://www.vendoco.com/Documents/Serpentine%20165,%20246.pdf

Maybe you could snap a quick photo of the schematic and we could help you out, I can't find one online anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:38:19 pm by tkaz » Logged

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 07:40:12 pm »

Thanks, that one is somewhat more like my machine than one that another member here forwarded to me, but I have looked through them both and what I'm really needing is a way to determine which wire in the harness for the lights is the "hot".  Neither manual has a schematic that shows me which wire is which, and I hate the thought of having to nick every single wire casing to find the hot  Sad

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 07:40:57 pm »

Maybe you could snap a quick photo of the schematic and we could help you out, I can't find one online anywhere.

I'll go get a pic right now and upload shortly.

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 07:55:08 pm »

Here are the pics- I am seeing the plug "outlet" on the left side of the fuse box, but there is nothing plugged into the sockets and I see no male plug end to put into them.  

Schematic pic #1:

http://www.59registry.hypermart.net/IMG_0101.JPG

Pic #2:

http://www.59registry.hypermart.net/IMG_0102.JPG

Loading Instructions:

http://www.59registry.hypermart.net/IMG_0100.JPG

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 08:01:09 pm »

From what I can see, the wires for the main top light are labeled "1" and "2" on the schematic.  Should that be on the wire casings?  The thing that's killing me is the harness goes into the door at the bottom, and then you don't see the wires again until they pop out either inside or above that fuse box.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 08:25:04 pm »

Here are the pics- I am seeing the plug "outlet" on the left side of the fuse box, but there is nothing plugged into the sockets and I see no male plug end to put into them.

That would be where the coin mechanism plugs into the machine. 9-pin??

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 09:15:11 pm »

On page 22 of the manual I linked to, you'll see a connector labeled #15, that is the connector where the light is powered from.  I'm not sure where it is located on your machine, but it is most likely near or in the junction box where the coin mechanism plugs in (the 9-pin Jones plug).  The schematic has the plug being close to that, so check there. 

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 10:02:59 pm »

Well here's where I get the doof award for the night..  Because all of the electronics I've been working on recently have all been DC current, I naturally was setting my multimeter to DC for everything..  But, that doesn't work on AC stuff  darn  After I flipped the switch over to AC on the multimeter, I suddenly found 124 V going up the cord to the fluorescent assy in the top...  I had already swapped the starter in it, so I checked the end contacts where a bulb would go and power was getting there so..............   I ran like hell up to Home Depot before they closed to get a new 20W fluorescent bulb.  I popped it in there and after a slight "hum", as if it hadn't been used in some time, the light came to life!

I guess next I will have to check the selector buttons to see if they are AC as well?  I'd been checking everything with DC!   Sonofa...................

Anyway, we're a step further than we were during my last post! 

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »

Happens to all of us, way too often I think! 

As for the selection lights, are you sure that they light up all of the time?  Based on the schematic you posted, it looks like they are only sold-out lights, not on all of the time.  I could be wrong on that one.  Do you have the machine stocked right now?

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 10:18:57 pm »

I have 5 cans in it to close whatever switch makes it ready to vend.  I saw that it said each selection had to be filled to make it function properly.

I've noticed quite a few bulbs up underneath of the selection panel, but I have not yet recognized if they were just for "selection out" or if it's supposed to be on all the time.  Looks like I have some more reading to do!

This machine is my wife's, and when she saw it lit up tonight, I could tell she really liked it.  I just need to locate whatever translucent red paint is available now to touch up the sign in the top.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: