SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 09:21:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CVC 374 cooling question  (Read 10905 times)
paulheels

« on: June 29, 2009, 08:33:03 pm »

I have a CVC 374, its a monster machine.  It cools well, but the thermostat does not seem to be working.  I dont know much about these things.  I just put a thermometer in it and it was on about 52. gonna check it in the morning to see.  I have the therm on level 6, i figured it should be near freezing at the level.   I just need some tips pr advice on what to look for pr what to do.  you are talking to a new guy here to, who is not to handy with electricity and stuff.  If ya need help growing a garden or coking meat let me know, I can repay info that wya..... haha

Paul
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:52:21 pm »

A faulty thermostat will freeze everything. Your machine may not be cooling down low
enough for the T/S to activate...........so you may have a compressor problem.
        I'll take my steak medium rare  biggrin

Glen
paulheels

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 06:37:26 am »

thanks, but that is not enough info for a steak and I did not say I would cook, jut I would give the instruction!  What do I need to look for on the compressor?  Dont want to spend money for someone else to come do it, if I can do something myself.  Also I am trying to learn, what are things I should look for, should I test?

Thanks
Paul
paulheels

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 05:21:53 pm »

Thermometer has been in there 24 hrs and it i reading 48 degrees.  just let me know what some things are that i  can look at .  appreciate it

Paul
paulheels

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:04:09 am »

Anyone got any help for me?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:08:31 am »

the ChoiceVend machines usually have multiple evaporator (air-circulating) fans behind the vending racks, the type they used are pretty cheap open-framed style motors ( think of the guts of a cheap bathroom exhaust fan) so I'd check to make sure that all of them are working & not gummed up with dust.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
paulheels

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 06:30:50 am »

thank for the help.  i quickly looked before going to work.  Looks like i am going to have to take all the drinks out and pull out the adjusters to look in there.  still gonna be kind of tight.  nothing is freezing anywhere on the machine and the compressor is in good shape.  it actually looks like a newer compressor.  thanks for the help, and if you can think of any other tips or ideas pleae let me know.

Thanks paul
paulheels

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 08:21:39 am »

JohnieG!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks man, you hit it on the head.  They were fairly gummed up and only one was barely turning.  I am also missing one.  So I took them all off and sprayed the dust off with air hose and put them back on.  Nothing happened any different, so I am guessing that they are all pretty much shot. 

Where can I find a wiring diagram for the fans as well, I have them labeled, but that does not mean they might not be wired correctly before I got the machine. 

Also where can I find the fans?  I googled the fan that I could read, it was Alliance MFG model ISU 4.  One of the fans is different than the other two, looks to e a little newer, it is the only one running (not good though)

also, when i got the guts out there was some pretty heavy freezing on the left side of condenser, where the fan is missing. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:28:22 am by paulheels » Logged
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 09:19:29 am »

Can you post a picture of your fan? I just parted out a CV and have two of the fans - I don't know if they work, but I can check.
You might just try Home Depot or Lowes - just scavenge the fan unit from a bathroom exhaust fan like johnnie suggested.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
paulheels

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 08:46:15 pm »

Collecture, here is the pic.  if you can not see it, there is a post in the post 1960 machines I started and there is a link there with a good picture.  Thankwell i tried to post but dont know how to post pics.  you can see the pic on the thread I spoke of earlier.  thanks for the help
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: