SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:05:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 110 free play?  (Read 5208 times)
brad 80526
« on: February 16, 2004, 07:42:09 pm »

Does anyone know if a Vendo 110 can be converted to free-play?  Thanks
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 08:43:37 pm »

Hey Brad,

Do you have a late model V-110 with an electric coin mech or do you have an early model with a crank handle...?

If it's a late model, check the post just above this one in the Coin Mechanisms Section; it mentions a solution for "free vend"...

As far as an older, 50's, model is concerned, I would need to know what manufacturer/model coin mech you have... A photo couldn't hurt either...

My six cents,

Jim

brad 80526
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 10:05:15 pm »

Hi Jim, thank you for your help.

I have a 1950's version with the crank handle. Its a Vendo 110C, serial number H 403.

Where would I find a model number info for the coin mechanism?

Sorry I don't have access to a digital camera.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Brad
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 08:13:33 am »

Which coin mech resembles yours, A or B...?

My six cents,

Jim

brad 80526
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 02:49:31 pm »

I have the "B" coin mechanism.  I have two stickers with National Rejectors written on them.  However, upon comparison I am missing the perforated post on the left of the mechanism.

Thanks again
brad 80526
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 07:04:32 pm »

Jim, I took the coin mechanism off the machine and watched its operation.  I have no doubt the coin mech is sticky and problematic but I think the major culprit might be the handle mechanism as it seems to lack traction when pushed down.  You to play with it to get it to work.  I'm wondering if its possible to remove the handle and its mechanism and send it to someone who would be qualified to making its effective again.  Just thinking out loud.

Brad
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 09:38:08 pm »

Hey Brad,

These handles are designed to "break" away in a counter-clockwise rotation.  If you handle can spin clock-wise with out inserting coins, two things may have occurred:
1. The crank handle "pawl" is worn out which doesn't seem to happen to often
2. The crank handle "pawl" may have been removed at some time and re-installed wrong causing the handle to rotate clock-wise with ease which will not allow enough tension to complete a vend cycle

I believe I have one of these mechs and could possibly post a few photos for clarification... I won't be able to get anything done until Thurs. though... I'll be at work until then.

If you removed the coin mech, you can easily remove the crank handle by locating the retaining pin and removing it with a 1/8" flat punch (similar to a center punch but flat). Look between the handle and the coin mech along the shaft, you'll see the pin that needs to be removed so the handle will slide off the coin mech shaft. The coin mech cover plate(painted red) may get in your way a little but you should be able to get something in there to knock out the retaining pin.

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: