SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 11:24:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cav 64 - Chrome & USS vs CSS  (Read 3068 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: October 20, 2008, 03:53:44 pm »

Hi guys,

Will shelves, etc from a USS Cav fit into a CSS ? Looking at a USS for parts (shot compressor)

Alternately, could I pull the working compressor out of my CSS and stick into a USS ?

While I'm at it - I see restorations with really clean shiney looking liners - are these repopped or just polished ? (how do you polish galvanised?)

I'm weighing up polish versus paint...

One more thing, where can I get chrome trim for a Cav-64 ? mine is all black, and i saw a photo (from moondawg I think) in another thread that shows a Cav with chrome trim (along with a V63 and another earlier Cav)

Chris
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:40:19 pm by Skeleton Man » Logged
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:53:38 pm »

NO!

There's a big difference in the shelves, as I found out recently in an unfortunate transaction with another board member censored.  I have a USS-64, he had shelves for a CSS machine, now I have 5 shelves that don't work.

If you can buy that machine, or at least the shelves, I am in for 4 shelves.  If not, I'd like to contact the seller to buy the shelves from him.

Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 07:55:33 pm »

Wow, the USS shelves look a lot shorter. How does it accomplish the same number of bottles ?

Are you saying you have 5 of the longer shelves for a CSS-64 ? I'll take them off your hands - how much u want for them ?

Chris
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:01:54 pm »

Well, they are actually from a CSS-144, so they are a few inches longer.  I was told they can be cut down to work just right in a 64.

The big difference is the width and the lack of the 'dog ears' on either side.  I'm waiting to hear back from someone on three of them, but I can guarantee you the other two if you're interested.  Once I can confirm the size on a CSS shelf, I'll be ready to sell, I don't want to screw anyone like I got.

Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 08:12:38 pm »

I just checked and the machine is a little further away than I thought (over 6 hours each way - I was thinking it was only 2 hours), so you're welcome to enquire about shelves yourself.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-Coke-Refrigerator-W0QQAdIdZ40713696

It's in Ottawa, ON, Canada but shipping shelves isn't expensive..

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: