SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:31:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cav glass again  (Read 1766 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: October 11, 2008, 11:32:31 pm »

Hi guys,

I got the thermal glass today that I ordered for my cav64 and it's nothing like I was expecting and hence doesn't fit. I re-measured and created a diagram for when I try again.

Can someone with a later model Cav CSS-64 verify these measurements for me ? Are the foam spacers meant to stick out each side or be flush with the glass ? (they stick on the original broken glass)

Also, is there meant to be a gap either side of the glass to allow room for the hinge and frame screws ? The glass measures 5" wide, but the door itself is like 5.5" wide..

I really wanna be 100% on these measurements so I can be sure the new glass will fit right.

I saw this thermal tape stuff in the home hardware flyer today that they advertise for sealing around windows and doors - would this stuff be ok for between the glass panes ?

Last but not least.. what is the difference between CS and CSS ? Is it just the coin bezel ? (CS is round, CSS is square)

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: