SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:31:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cav uss-64 door sag.  (Read 7325 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 12:07:39 am »

Very kind of you Josh!!
Replied on another thread about the coin door you had, I'll take it. I don't seem to have anything that looks like a drip tray, great if you have one or can send a pic.

Rats have had fun on a cover over the compressor wiring. Need to fix/replace that.

Would like to convert it to a light up front sign. How do you get the door light bulb out? That is one tight space.
Thanks a bunch!!
Creighton
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 07:32:34 am »

Quote (Creighton @ Jan. 15 2006,12:07)
Very kind of you Josh!!

Would like to convert it to a light up front sign. How do you get the door light bulb out? That is one tight space.
Thanks a bunch!!
Creighton

I've got the same thing... I need to change that bulb too. I also was thinking about adding the lightup panel...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pixel
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:41:18 pm »

The door on my CS-64 has some sag too. It has the ramp on it like Creighton took pics of, but I didn't see the roller in its mounting on the door. Somebody may have taken it out. My machine isn't in the best light for seeing things.

I would adjust the ramp, but it looks like there's another problem. Something has happened to the door liner seal in the upper left corner (where it closes into the upper right corner of the machine). Sort of looks like the corner was cut off or crimped in or something. I suspect it was done because the sagging door was keeping the liner from closing against the machine interior seal properly. If I adjust the ramp and realign the door, will the messed up liner corner make much of a difference in how well the drink compartment is sealed from the outside air?

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 08:27:53 pm »

Hi Pixel,
If the roller assembly on the door is missing adjusting the ramp won't help. I'll take better pictures if needed. Wouldn't be too hard to make the roller.

Doubt the seal is that big of a deal. A new one would be better. I need to start tracking down parts and pieces so will let you know what I find.
Creighton
Pixel
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 09:29:54 pm »

Thanks, Creighton

Looking a bit closer, I believe it does have the roller. I'll take a better look tomorrow to make sure, but I think I have it. I'd wondered what that weird metal thing was doing down there mounted in front of the compressor, now I now.

I just wish the liner wasn't been messed up. Oh well, it could be much worse.

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 09:13:37 pm »

Shims under the the ramp by the compressor do the trick. Now I can fine tune the door latch adjustment. Nice of Cav to include this feature. Very well built machine.
Creighton
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: