SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 09:40:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cav 148c  (Read 2308 times)
ScottP

« on: January 27, 2011, 08:26:52 pm »

I have run across a cavalier c 148c machine in good shape, cools, just needs to be repainted.  The guy is asking $250 for it. Any thoughts? This will be my first coke machine purchase/refurb and want to what some of you guys think about it.  Thanks for any input.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:26:26 am »

Welcome to the forum, Scott! happydrinkers

That 148C is a nice looking machine but at 530 lbs. it would be a ball buster to move.  $250 is probably not a bad price but I would offer less because machines that size are not as desireable due to the size and weight.  Keep in mind, if you do a quality paint job you will have more money in that machine that it will be worth.

That being said, if it is working and you are looking for a good garage machine, offer the guy $150 and see if he bites.  Otherwise, I would keep searching.  There are a lot of good machines out there that are not as big and heavy!

drinking Tim drinking
ScottP

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 02:31:36 pm »

Thanks Tim.  I am in the Mobile,Alabama area, so let me know if you run across any for sale down south. Just looking for a new hobby outside of working all the time and would like to start buying a couple of machines to put in the garage or man cave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: