SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 09:42:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor C-45 - top cabinet panel removal assistance  (Read 2917 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: November 11, 2013, 10:12:50 pm »

I picked up a Victor C-45 (4 Door) Cooler about a month ago.  It is all there and working, but there is some rust inside the tub that I wanted to get cleaned out.  In order to do a good cleaning I wanted to try and remove the baffle wall (which holds the evaporator fan), but in order to do this it looks like I have to remove the top cabinet panel.   Once I would get this top panel removed I could then remove the tracks/guides for the roll top door to then in turn be able to remove this baffle wall.  The other reason for me wanting to remove the baffle is there is a lot of rust behind this wall that needs to be cleaned out and you cannot reach this area without removing this wall.  I was able to remove the bolts that hold the support brackets to the top cabinet panel, but I still cannot remove the panel as it appears it might be welded at the curved end.  Has anyone removed this before?   I don't want to force it if it is welded, but if there is a trick or someone has done this before I would appreciate any assistance.   The service manual does not make reference to it being welded, but it also did not mention the bolts I had to remove.  I have attached one picture which shows the top panel and the baffle resting up against the roll up tracks.   If there is any other pictures that might help, please let me know.  As always thanks for any assistance.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:14:50 pm »

Top Panel Picture
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:03:30 am »

Go to page 2 of the Soda Machines and Coolers section of the Downloads area (access off SMC main page)
There is a Victor manual which details access procedures.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 06:55:45 am »

Hi collecture,

I have tried that, but still cannot seem to remove it.  I will read it again to see if I am missing anything, but I was also trying to see if anyone has done this before.

Thanks,
Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: