SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 06:46:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not getting cold...  (Read 8327 times)
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 06:27:12 pm »

Thanks a lot for that information!!   Yes, the fan only started going once I gave it a spin.  I will try this tonight and get back to you!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 09:45:20 pm »

Ok, I just got done testing it out after cleaning out and adding Silicon spray...  The fan still doesnt spin on its own, only when I give it a push first...  It looks like it wants to start moving by itself, but just can't.  The compressor feels/sounds like its running right.  I do believe that it might need some added freon...  
Do you think a new fan motor will fix the problem with the fan not working?  And if so what model of motor do I need for my VF-56 Square Top machine..
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 10:03:36 am »

Hey

If the lower fan motor is not spinning. Take it out & replace it with a new one. If fact change both the uper & lower fan motors. Take the bad motor to you local AC supply house & get a new one for around $22. Do waste time trying to fix the old one.  Your system is just over heating & shutting down the compressor. While you have it apart clean the coils.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 10:43:05 am »

Where I live we dont have a AC Supply store, so is there anywhere online that I can purchase the upper and lower fan motors?
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 11:36:38 am »

Contact Steve at the Soda Jerk works or Steve at Funtronics. The fans run around 26.00 bucks. ':drinkers:'

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 02:07:56 pm »

Thank you all for you help!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: