SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 10:14:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody near rhode island?  (Read 3599 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« on: May 30, 2005, 10:57:21 pm »

Ok it was mentioned in the auction area...but
Item # 7159622431  it's a Quikold Pepsi Master
chest but they won't ship...local pick up only...
 I'd like to bid and was wondering is there anybody
near that could pick it up for me and strap it to a pallet.
(That is if I bid and won, or should say after all
I've bought, if the wife would let me bid and I won)

Here's where that idea of the help shipping or picking
something up is needed.... If not.... I under stand
but thought if where near enough to someone that could swing by and grab it I'd do the same for them here
in Missouri.

It's a nice cooler and HARD to find.......

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 08:28:44 am »

I'm in Brunswick, Maine about 4 hours from this cooler.  Seems I remember someone being in Massachussetts that might be closer.

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 08:32:19 am »

Sorry, I punched this out before I was finished.  Anyway, to add to my last post, I could probably go get it but I've never shipped before so would need detailed instructions on the how/where/when of shipping this critter.

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:16:05 am »

Glad this subject came back up.  Seems there was a huge reluctance by the majority here, to volunteer in the recent shipping poll.
      Shipping is not a big deal.  In this instance, Eric needs someone to pick this up at someones home and drop it off at a shipper.   This is an unrestored machine, so a crate is not necessary. Simply wrap cardboard around the cooler and drop it off at the terminal, they have tons of pallets.
       The reason for card board wrap, is that it plainly separates any pre-existing damage, from shipping damage.
       Following UPS and FED EX buying their own packaging stores, Mail boxes etc. and Kinko's.  Packaging and shipping combined?  Great idea !!!   What took so long to merge?
       Same thing here. One individual near each terminal could be kept busy all week picking up from home and dropping at the terminal.    Hmmmmm ......  Maybe I'll start a new service

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 12:51:28 pm »

I don't know Eric...... 4 hours one way is a “above and beyond” call I think.....
unless it stays under $100 bucks..... Then I may be calling you.
But I would owe you big time!!!

As far as picking things up for each other.... If it was close or something rare I don't have a problem with it, cause perfect example, I'm in that boat...
I mean it's not going to happen all the time. And if it's something I can get for someone,
drop it off for someone, or take to a meeting place for another to pick up. That's fine.
I don't mind even holding a cooler or machine at my house till the arrangements can be made.
I just wouldn't want it getting out of hand and have machines sitting everywhere for months on end as I'm sure all you others would do... that's why we haven't gotten the response
I feel in the shipping pole....

Anyway... If it stays low Eric I may call you and see if we could work something out....
I appreciate your offer.... And if I did get this....anything in a 5 hour radius of St. Louis
you'd want to bid and win I'd owe you.

Again... Thanks

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 03:25:18 pm »

Eric (Happy Birthday, by the way ),

I mapquested the location and it's 100+ miles from me - probably around 2 hours.  I would think I'd be able to get it for you, as long as he can hang on to it for maybe a few weekends until I can get there.  

If the seller is flexible, I should be able to help you out.

Bob
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 05:00:56 pm »

Bob... Thanks so much... but at this time  with the machine I just got... My wife would kill me (Yeah I brought it up and well..... there will be another closer....)
But I hope someone here looks it over and  bids and wins.
I mean... come on! It's a pre-war, double dot, Pepsi non-electric Quikold master rare, rare!
First one I've ever seen on eBay... It would be a gem to any collection and I'm a Coke guy!
But if you want different and rare (not to mention a easy restoration no compressor,
no fan, motor, coin mech...nothing!) This is it! If it was in the midwest it would be mine!
But one will come along and I will get one! Pepsi Double Dot! Awesome!!!

Ok.... I'm done....

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: