SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 02:01:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse Coke Cooler  (Read 9849 times)
cooper13
« on: February 09, 2010, 03:19:20 pm »

Hi everyone,

Recently I have come across this coke cooler. It's a westinghouse, I believe it to be pre 60s. It had the model number WH 224T.

I haven't really been able to find much about this cooler or its associated value anywhere so I figured I'd come along here and see if anyone knew anything about it.

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 03:47:31 pm »

Hello and welcome to the site,, Looks to be a nice original machine from the photos?
as far as value, on that machine it's going to depend on how bad someone wants it, the size hurts the value, as most people don't have the room for one.. but to the right person, they might like it. I'd say 300-400 bucks on it if it cools, and again it may sit a long while till that right person comes along..
Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »

Welcome to the site!  happydrinkers

Those are nice looking coolers but there are a lot of them available.  Very heavy and require a lot of floor space.  Unless you have the need for a large reach in cooler or storage chest, I would pass.

drinking Tim drinking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:21:34 pm »

They are good for two things (1) a back yard party with well over 100 people  or
(2) parting out and making money off the parts .

Too Big of a cooler oh .
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:09:46 pm by johnieG » Logged
VMC 81
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 08:49:47 pm »

or make a couch out of it like some people will do.

VMC 81 Pepsi
VMC 27 7Up on a pipe stand
Vendo 56
Seeburg VL 200
AMI 200
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:30:48 pm »

My wife would make a coffin out of one if I brought it home!  biggrin Cool laugh

drinking Tim drinking
cooper13
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 08:26:54 pm »

Thanks everyone,

This has been pretty helpful, I do not believe it cools, I do know that it requires freon like most old refrigerator units so I'm not sure on how to even go about making it cool.

I'm moving soon to a house with a finished basement which will be a gathering area so I was thinking this would be something neat to hold the refreshments. It was part of an estate of a family friend and no one has any idea what to do with it, and me being a coca cola fiend it fits perfectly.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 12:56:33 am »

I sold one a few months ago for $65.00 the buyer never called or claimed the cooler?? Its about to go out back with the rest of the "junk"

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 09:14:15 am »

I know these are a big cooler but if you have the room in your man cave, they work out great. One side for beers etc, the other side for pre-cooling sandwiches, snack etc. for parties/ get-togethers.
 I have a Gullwing that I've been using daily in my house for about 10 years now. The kids when growing up knew that the pop was on the right side door and the adults used the left door for beers. LOL
 When restored, the  Westy's look great tho as in almost any machine/cooler.

Enjoy it.

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 01:25:32 pm »

Bigger machines are alright with me. They are more affordable. So if you have the room I believe this machine is an excellent addition to any garage or patio.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: