SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:21:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelvinator fe-s-52  (Read 5193 times)
Windows

« on: February 15, 2016, 12:18:23 pm »

Hi
I looked at a kelvinator fe-s-52 this weekend. Has anyone taken one apart ? Can the refrigeration evaporator coil be easily separated from the tub ? ( not tarred in like a gbv 50 is it ) it's a water bath unit made in London Ontario . It's in decent shape not running.... it was plugged in couldn't count the breaks in the cord. How hard are parts to get ? Definitely a interesting any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 04:47:39 pm »

I have one that is unrestored.  The refrigeration unit on these is different but I am sure that they can be repaired.  The chrome trim would be hard to replace as you just don't see too many of these coming up.  I like the looks of this machine and would love to restore it to working order but there are other projects ahead of it.  I am missing the part that covers the water circulator but another member on here said they would help me out in that department.  I guess I should follow up on that.

I have used mine as an ice cooler for several parties and it does not leak a drop and keep drinks cold until the next morning!

Let me know if you have any questions or want to see pictures.  There are other members with completely restored units.

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:35:29 pm »

Tim
I have never forgotten my quest to find you that cover.... Every time I search for coolers, or go to a garage sale, or to someones place to look for something else... I'm always looking for a kelvinator to use for parts etc...

One day I might find it....
Who ever would have thought that there would be a Canteen penny machine a few minutes from my home.... but there was  lol

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 06:03:51 pm »

I thought that all spare soda machine parts were found under the tables at flea markets. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place Ed?

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »

laugh laugh
I thought that all spare soda machine parts were found under the tables at flea markets. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place Ed?

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:50:36 am »

Ed--I appreciate you continuing the quest.  There is another member who needed some info on this machine and was going to help in that regard.  I keep looking around here as well but that machine does not come up stateside much.

Congrats on the Canteen!

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 08:53:51 pm »

Yeah, it seemed to be more of a Canadian cooler...

As for the Canteen... I bought it for another member who actually found it first... I was just the middle man.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 09:12:21 pm »

Yeah, it seemed to be more of a Canadian cooler...

As for the Canteen... I bought it for another member who actually found it first... I was just the middle man.

Was this the Canteen Gum Vendor that was recently on greedbay for a few weeks...?

My six cents,

Jim

Windows

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 07:27:49 pm »

Well thanks for the replies boys but I waited too long a couple of guys got into a bidding war over it she sold er for 600 not bad seeing she wanted 350  oh well my quest continues
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: