SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:52:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! What am I missing here?  (Read 8979 times)
Zach
25 Cent Member

« on: May 04, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »

Alright so this if my first resto and I haven't worked on it in a long time so bare with me. So my VMC 81 bent coin release is limp, it has no pressure to it to return it up, just need a spring I believe. But.... My bent coin release I believe is missing the part that makes contact with the rejector. It does have the bracket on the back of it that appears to have two threaded holes, what goes there??? Does anyone have one?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:33:16 pm »

Should be not be very difficult to sort with some pictures of the problem area's. What you have tried already will save folks some time as well.
Thanks,
Creighton
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 11:17:58 pm »

Here is a picture of what I am talking about. On the upper left you will see the back side of the coin return that has a bracket with two holes and then to the right you will see that once the door were to close it sits about 2" above the top of coin mech. Also, at the top of the coin mech there is an arm like thing that has a threaded hole as well, not sure what is missing there.
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 11:19:17 pm »

Here is one with arrows to make it clear.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 08:15:29 am »

Your missing a bolt that would go in that threaded hole and extend downward to make contact with the kicker arm on the coin mech.  I don't have a photo handy but I'm sure someone will chime In with one.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Troy S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 02:25:57 pm »

Yep,

It is a threaded rod possibly a 8/32 and it is 1 1/2" long with a nut on both sides to keep it nice and firm. And it appears the original ones have a slot in the bottom for a flat bladed screw driver to adjust it if needed. I can check the thread pitch in a manual later if needed. Then the spring brings the return back up after it is released.
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 08:42:07 pm »

Isn't the "L" bracket upside down also?

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 10:21:25 pm »

Isn't the "L" bracket upside down also?

I thought the same thing when I first saw the picture, but even with the threaded rod in place, it won't reach the coin release if the bracket is not turned the way he has it in his original pic.  I have one machine with the same coin mech shown in Zach's photo.  In order for the rod to reach the coin mech, it looks like you have to turn the bracket.  I have another machine with a change giver mech and it does not need the threaded rod because the top of the mech extends up much higher and the bracket is turned the other direction.  So here is the amateur question for the experts.  Does the direction of the bracket depend on the type of coin mech in the machine?  If so I'm going to have to go down and flip mine as I just put it back together to match my other machine and never gave it a second thought.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 10:52:23 pm »

Zach, you have a large door / small door coin mech. in your machine. It's not original but it will work just fine.
        The rejector arm in these are lower so it looks like your plunger has been reversed.
        It's no problem, just add an  8-32 screw and you're set.
        Brian's picture shows the way the VMC would look with the original coin mech.

Glen
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 08:56:02 am »

It does nothing for you to have it hooked up!

Like Glen said, you have a LD/SD mech. Once coins are in the mech, you cannot get them back! All you can do is crank it over! The only thing the Bent Coin Release would do is scavenge the rejector, which can also be performed by pressing the crank handle down just like any small door mech.

This instance is where the "Do Not Deposit Coins If Bottles Are Not Visible" decal is used.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: