SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 08:16:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 110/6 Case Cooler wood frame  (Read 4426 times)
blhaley91

« on: August 17, 2008, 04:44:15 am »

I am going to restore mine, and did a search not finding much info.  I read that 1 guy used Cedar.  What is the best wood to use?

Thanks
BH
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:03:17 am »

Cedar will really aid in eliminating wood rot; however, it is a softer wood and might not have the best quality for strength which may or may not be an issue for the door... I believe Oak was originally used, has better strength properties and may be more readily available... You might even find discarded shipping pallets next to dumpsters that are made of white oak that can be milled down to meet your needs.

My six cents,

Jim

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:57 am »

I am not familiar with the wood frame in a 6 Case but what about using Trex decking material?  It might cost a bit more but that would completely eliminate any rotting, swelling or shrinking.  Depending on the thickness, you may have to screw or glue two pieces together.

There may be potential for taking advantage of modern building materials to fix an antique machine?  Just a thought.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:52:02 am »

what about using Trex decking material?
Excellent choice ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

blhaley91

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 04:17:49 pm »

Good ideas!  I found a place that sells solid plastic lumber and I ordered a sample to see how rigid it is ect.

I will post my results.
Thanks
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 08:19:11 pm »

BH,

No scientific or engineering experience behind my suggestion but I will be interested to hear if it is a workable option.  Eventually, I would like to pick up a Six Case for the game room to replace my fridge!

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: