SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 11:23:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help - just got machine  (Read 2654 times)
« on: December 17, 2003, 12:52:22 pm »

Hope someone can help. I'm so unmechanical - don't know why I bought a machine. But I just got the 56b (square topped). Someone told me not to plug it in unless it's room temperature. Is this true, and why? Also, the instructions say to keep he cooler at least an inch from the floor. Does this mean you can't just put the machine flat on the carpet? And finally, is it ok to use an extension cord, and should it be a heavy duty one?
Hey, anyone who could help me out with any of these - it'd be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 09:40:02 pm »

Hello Dan,

"Room Temperature"; huh...  I can't say I've every heard that one before...  Machines are in operation outdoors & indoors so I don't see the relevancy for a machine being in "room temperature"; plug it in and see if it cools!  Check the thermostat (located in the cooler) to see it approx. in the middle of the range.

As far as an extension cord is concerned, if at all possible, try not to utilize one; but if it's necessary, use a short heavy duty one that is at least 14 gauge.

Keeping the machine off the ground assits with ventilation. Most machines will accept leg levelers that enable you to not only level the machine but also get the ground clearance to provide adequate ventilation.

Good Luck with your new machine!

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 09:03:51 am »

Thanks Jim! You're the best!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: