SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:01:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ot: need advice for shipping a table arcade game  (Read 5355 times)
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 02:36:43 pm »

Quote (dr galaga @ Aug. 29 2005,10:15)
Ooops, I reread your post and I thought you were looking at FedEx, not that it was a done deal.

I'll still leave this for future reference.  Wasn't there a discussion here a few months ago about this?

- - - - - - -

I have heard good things about North American Van Lines - you don't need to crate it.  I am quoting this from the KLOV (Killer List of Video Games) forum:
North American Van Lines (NAVL) is really good... they go pick the game up at their door and deliver it to your door. And the prices are very reasonable. To get an exact quote, call Michelle at NAVL: 1-800-959-8880 x2842.

Good luck!

Brent, you are a lifesaver!
I called North American Van Lines and found out that they are based in my hometown of Saint Paul here and they say no palleting or anything, they use packing blankets and straps and move it individually like a moving van for your home.

So I put styrofoam sheets that I had laying around and carboard over the glass top and then wrapped the whole machine with several layers of the stretchy clear wrap stuff.

They came the next day and took it away and I am free and clear of it!
I am so happy. So thanks so much for the suggestion.
$289 from Minnesota to Florida.

Also, thank you all for your great ideas and info.
~Markito
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 06:32:47 pm »

Glad I could help out.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org