SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:32:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 110's.... No Talking wife  (Read 6757 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: January 07, 2012, 07:07:25 pm »

Hi all
Well, just came back from my trip to pick up a VMC 110 Canada Dry from Tim (mznb1u)  and might I ad a great guy who was great to deal with, and understanding of the snow lol (and his son was great too! Out at 7 30am on a Sat. to help load up!!!)
As well, I added a Coke 110.  Im sure I could find a better one, but until I do, this one will sit in the garage.  I just figured since Im out 5hrs away from home, it doesnt cost much more on gas or the trailer since Im out there.

My wife allowed me to go get the VMC 110, but when I came home, she saw the 2 machines in the garage, and told me to make my own dinner tonight  down  She's not talking to me oh

So, now the Canada Dry is infact in Canada!  My plan is to have it restored to a Canada Dry once again, thinking to have the same decals on the sides, but for the front go with a lettering style logo, similar to that of the fantasy Orange Crushs' out there, but in the Can. dry colours (thats how we spell color lol)

As for the machine itself, I thought about the white top, CD green bottom, but I might just stay with the solid green for the entire machine.  But, again, it will be at least a year till I tackle that.  I have SO much painting to to in my house, that if I started to restore a machine, my wife would leave me! lol

The Coke 110, will get done as well one day.  I just thought that by the time I get around to it, the 110's might be at a price like the 81's are now.... so I got it now and it's over with (The machine is solid, with ALL parts there but a few missing shelfs) and it def. needs a new kick plate.

Here are the pics of the ladies!

P.S. Anyone have any extra 110 shelfs around willing to sell?  lol

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:50:17 pm »

Great! There a lot of Coke 110's around but very few of them with the large coin door. That, plus the coin mech, bezels and compressor could be borrowed for the next 81 that comes your way.
        You didn't ask for opinions on the Canada Dry but I'm going to give you mine. If you two-tone it you will have to choose a point where to divide the colors. By comparing it to your Coke it looks as the dividing line would be in the center of the door latch.....way too low. Or you would be able to make the logo smaller but that is a large machine, as you know. You have 3 V-81's in solid colors, this 110 will look awesome all green

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:11:52 pm »

Great scores and silence is golden :-)
Creghton
Matt
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:30:47 pm »

Get the 110 Pepsi on ebay, and you'll be half way to collecting all the 110s; similar to your collection of 81s.

Vendo 81A
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:21:51 pm »

I do the "I got something, you get something trade"...probably not great for the wallet, but it keeps both parties happy!  Either way, those are both great scores, I really like the Canada Dry 110

RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 09:55:47 pm »

I might have two or three extra shelves.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 12:43:55 am »

Great! There a lot of Coke 110's around but very few of them with the large coin door.

Did they start with the "small door" mechanisms first?  I have never known why the made two sizes?  Do they have different linkages?  Can a small door go in a large door machine vice a versa?

My first rounded machine I picked up was the Vendo 110 complete with large door mech.

Nice looking machines keep us posted with pics!
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »

Great score

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 04:10:35 pm »

I like the 110 Canada dry machine
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 05:23:58 pm »

My wife allowed me to go get the VMC 110, but when I came home, she saw the 2 machines in the garage, and told me to make my own dinner tonight  down  She's not talking to me oh

So, you're saying it's a "win/win" situation?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: