SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 04:07:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National slug rejector, works, great day!!  (Read 3545 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« on: March 25, 2003, 10:47:53 pm »

Hi All,

What fun, the unit I had purchased just for parts arrived and was in better shape then my existing. General cleaning, then swapped in the missing parts and changed the various adjustments to match. So far so good.

But the only thing that is working is quarters. Found a sneaky taller shim that was just dropping dimes to the coin return. Swap another part. Dimes now working. I'm where I started with the old unit.

Nickles jamming at the same place. Take the magnet off and sure enough 3/4" piece of a broken wire has been stuck there for a long time. More cleaning.

Ta-Da. Coin return is getting nickels if low, 25 cent returns 3 nickels, and vends on a dime. Very clever folks that engineered this device (whole machine really).

Anyway, attached is a pic of the complete unit. Maybe start a gallery of what working models look like, Jim?

Best,
Creighton
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 07:56:41 pm »

Glad you got it working!
And yes, having a small section on Coin Mechs/Slug Rejectors would be a good idea...
I'll have to put some thought into that... ':cool:'

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: