SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 11:52:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Machine not shutting off  (Read 3052 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: July 22, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »

Just got my machine put back together and now I can't get the thing to turn off. I just replaced the thermostat with a new one and turning the knob to off will shut the compressor off and I also unclamped the sensing tube and put it in a cup of ice water as a test and saw that putting the tube in the water did nothing BUT when I turned the knob to off while it was in the water and then turned it back on the compressor would stay off. The machine is in the garage and it is cooling down. Is it possible that the thermostat is shot or could it be something else?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:00:35 pm »

You may have to tweak the cut off point, but first try mounting it in contact with the evaporators metal itself ( you can try sliding the probe into the fins about half way down) it might be a "contact" type thermostat

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:51:38 pm »

May have spoke too soon. I think the system might have a leak in it somewhere because I noticed today that it is really not all that cold inside and after running for quite some time there is no frost or ice anywhere on the evaporator just some condensation. You know as luck would have it this would happen right after I spend the money to replace the entire wiring harness and the fan motors. Sounds like it might be time to send the unit off to someone to have it fixed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: