SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 08:47:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressor problems  (Read 7455 times)
ck
5 Cent Member

« on: June 12, 2013, 08:48:26 pm »

I restored an Ideal 400 Slider replacing the old compressor with one from Global compressors The refrigeration guy recharged it and connected the T stat At first it would cool down but would not shut off Now he replaced the T stat , still cools down but it will now shut off only when I turn the setting down I though this guy with 32 years experience was suitable but now I have doubts Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Ideal slider 35 55 85
VMC 27 coin op gas globes
Vintage signs
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:48:21 am »

Did you contact your service guy and tell him about the problem? It might be the new t-stat is bad. Sometimes you get a new one that is bad.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:54:56 am »

Global has always been top notch, and has been great to work with, I would start there, Eric is a great guy, always helps when I call him with questions. 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
ck
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:59:24 am »

I have replaced the T stat and I send an email to Eric 2 weeks ago long with pictures and no response yet I am very disappointed with him

Ideal slider 35 55 85
Vintage signs
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:10:48 am »

ckuruliak -
Are you saying you had another tech charge the system and install the T-stat after Eric returned the system to you?
What type T-stat does the 400 use? Is it a contact style T-stat? Pictures will help...

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
ck
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 01:13:38 pm »

here is some pictures and yes a tech charged he system after Eric send me the new compressor

Ideal slider 35 55 85
Vintage signs
ck
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 01:19:46 pm »

here is the picture of the old compressor

Ideal slider 35 55 85
Vintage signs
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 01:56:35 pm »

ckuruliak -
Are you saying you had another tech charge the system and install the T-stat after Eric returned the system to you?
What type T-stat does the 400 use? Is it a contact style T-stat? Pictures will help...

that's right Tom. I sold the man a new lower unit for the Ideal, on the premise of him having a
qualified, certified technician, to install it and charge it up.

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
ck
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 02:58:17 pm »

thanks Eric but  I did not smear your name Had you responded to my email 2 weeks ago I would not have to post my problem in here  All I want was a response to my question and you never gave it until now I was not asking for much at all just a little help

Ideal slider 35 55 85
Vintage signs
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 03:05:32 pm »

Eric is very busy, just keep trying, he will eventually get back to you.  I had identical problem, what he is telling you is correct.  Good luck. 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
ck
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:14 pm »

Well Eric I do not feel like arguing in public but I feel the need to respond. First I am 2000 miles from you ,do you really think I should ship my machine out to you have you install the compressor  then have you ship it back to me? Come on be reasonable!!!! Since you are a businessman, I feel the proper edict is to respond to a customer's complaint for help positively or negatively, You chose to do neither and  I was disappointed by your lack of response.  If that is calling you out then I am guilty .Isn't business all about 'customer service? Your ranting does nothing to help this situation, only shows your true colours Enough said!!! please refrain from commenting  unless you want to give any other additional constructive advice other than what you have offered which I appreciate!!!!!

Ideal slider 35 55 85
Vintage signs
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:24 am »

CK, it sounds like your compressor is working just fine and your refrigeration guy has charged it properly although that drier does not look like it is strapped to anything.

The problem narrows down to the thermostat's capillary tube not sensing the temperature properly and as Eric mentioned, it may be because you now have a different style with lot shorter probe than the old one, and was made to go inside the cooling compartment.
 Did you order the t/s for a slider?

If it was reccomended for your machine, did you coil the new cap tube before sliding it in place? Also I have had sliders where the pipe that the cap tube slides into, has broken loose and not even made contact with the inner linner.

Start by dipping the sensor into a cup of ice to see if it will shut off. If so, then back up the tube again and if still no luck there......lead either the cap tube or the whole t/s directly into the box and make a direct contact with the wall.

Let us know how it works out  drinking

Glen
ck
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:28 am »

thanks MoonDawg I will do that. This is my first time restoring a soda machine so I am learning as I go. I am trying to get an idea on how it should work by asking for advice in here before I go back to my service guy or he will just feed me another line of BS and send me on my way. Obvious I got the wrong guy!!! The T/S was supplied by Eric so I assume it is the right one I think what you said makes a lot of sense so I have to start somewhere  Thanks again

Ideal slider 35 55 85
Vintage signs
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: