SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 08:50:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: compressor runs for 30 sec only  (Read 19154 times)
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 10:20:41 am »

"Reasonable" is cost+repair/replacement+sell vs "dump it for a meager profit".
I would imagine a reasonable price for a compressor is $100+.
I have a talent for finding things at true wholesale.
People in the Smokies will pay more than most,as long as they do not have to fix.
Electrical/mechanical logic/repair comes easy for me,but refrigeration is not one of my talents.
I do not look for or pay for "illegal/slave labor" "deals",but I have investment/time/profit demands.

This is yet another example of why the board should be split up into 2 different groups.  One for the hobbyist and the other for the weekend warriors.  I am losing interest in dealing with the new people that use the board solely to make money.  I used to give free advise because I thought most fellow members actually had a love for collecting old soda machines.  Now, many of the new members overwhelmingly seem to be in it for the buck.  Not trying to insult anyone as I believe in your right to make as much money as you can. However, I think we may need a site for the people that don't "flip" everything they collect.  It's getting old.

American Pickers and American restorations strikes again.  They may be responsible for all the new "entrepreneurs"

Just my .02

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
ANTIQUE CASTLE

1805 hwy66 SEVIERVILLE,TN

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 11:12:02 am »

Thank you for the price response.
That tells me to adjust the price,and dump it.
I do not collect,so the machines are just like any other antique,or collectible for sale,,,parts.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: