SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:01:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not getting cold?  (Read 5255 times)
Shelby1

« on: June 15, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »

Hi I just finished fixing restoring a cavilier 72 coke machine and it has a newer late 70's early 80's cooling unit. There was a spark by the thermostat big bright spark while I was adjusting temp shocked the s/:! Out of me. Now all fans work and the cooling unit blows slightly cool but not cold. Any suggestions? This is my 1st rodeo with cooling units. Quick learner just looking for some help.

Thanks a mill

Mark

happydrinkers
MrMark

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:30:03 am »

Mark,

I am going to guess you may have got it going by now, but if not, let us know and I'll be glad to help as best I can.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »

Ditto "Sparky"  Oo

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Shelby1

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:08 pm »

Ok got her working but a couple weeks ago the compressor started to clang and it stopped working. Not the original cooling unit looks like it was put in around the 70's have to get a cooling unit for it. Does anyone know of Any good places with reasonable rates?
MrMark

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 07:33:06 am »

Talk to Eric at Global Compressors. He's on this board. He helped me out with a R-12 to R-134 changeover, but then I also have the all the stuff to do it (vacuum pump, micron vacuum gauge, gauge set, torches, etc.) that most people don't have (for certain the vacuum micron gauge which is most important with these units.).
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:12:15 am »

If the unit in it is not original it may have been transplanted from another machine, probably a Cavalier 64 or 96. You could do the same thing again to get the machine up and running, then work on finding the proper C-72/96 compressor and evaporator system.
     Keep in mind your copper line in the 72 enters the cabinet below the bottle door so some careful bending may be required on the temporary unit.

Glen
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 10:02:59 am »

if you can't get it with a used unit, I do build a direct, drop in replacement.

let us know.

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Shelby1

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:11 pm »

Thanks everyone I'm looking for a used replacement if that doesn't pan out, Eric I'll give u a call I did some checking around and your work seems to be the best at the most reasonable rates. I apriciate it

Mark
Shelby1

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:36:25 pm »

Got done talking to Eric from global and ordered a unit. Eric was great to deal with and I can't wait. Thanks everyone for helping me out.

happydrinkers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: